Do you still send Christmas cards?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I've been sending them less over the years, but still get them for close family, especially elderly relatives who value cards. The kids will be sending Christmas cards to their class friends too as they really enjoy doing that.

Do you still send cards or have you stopped now they're less popular? :xmas10:

I have some spare for if ever we get some but other than that I only really send to my nana as we don’t see her often
We have agreed amongst the close family (me my mam and Sisters) not to bother with cards as it gets a bit out of hand. I don’t really like having cards up they look cluttered

We don’t tend to send xmas cards anymore except for elderly relatives, kids do them for classmates but that’s it x

I do them for a small selection of family members who expect them. Kids do them for friends too but not sure what the rules will be this year so haven't bought any for them yet

I dont really encourage them. I've just ordered a few of the charity ones from the school this year with Ds's drawing on them. We rarely send them though, a couple go to family abroad, and I normally run around late on Christmas eve putting some through the doors of older neighbours as they still give them to us. It always feels so wasteful starting the new year by putting piles of cards in the recycling.

I do them for a small selection of family members who expect them. Kids do them for friends too but not sure what the rules will be this year so haven't bought any for them yet
I usually would buy some but I’m also wondering if they will be allowed this year so I’m holding off for now

I do. I use an online service where I can put together a collage with pics of the boys from over the last year and have that printed on cards. I send those to family and friends.
I also get some samples of the cards I paint every year (that's a commission) and those I send to people who might not be that interested in seeing pics of my boys :haha: such as the mummy friends I have made at school.
The boys write cards to all their school friends too and I usually buy those small ones that come in packages that look like cubes.
I love this tradition and while I don't always get cards back I value each and everyone that I do get cause it makes me feel grateful that someone has made the effort for me.

We buy the girls cards from school . We send them to my mum, sister, nan, auntie and cousin. Sometimes I send to BIL too.
Family members have drifted alot over the years so a pack of 12 is usually enough.

We also send to school friends. Anything brought into school has to go into isolation for two days,so I'm assuming we can send class cards. X

I'm a bit wary to do it this year to be honest. I'm also realising how much of a waste cards are so what better time to stop.

I always buy the cards the children make at school (currently have this to do) and I always send to family (a lot of DH family live up north) - the kids always send to their class friends and then I do our neighbors also - although not sure what the rules will be this year :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->