Do you take the diaper bag wherever you go?

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
Well, I don't. Usually I am just going up to the school and back which takes 10 minutes. Sometimes after the school run I will go and get a coffee. Means I am back home in 1/2 hour.

Anyhow, today, I didn't bring it and after dropping Jayden off, I went for my coffee and came home yet didn't come in the house. Dan and I both went to watch our kids' field trip which is ice skating one per week for 4 weeks.

Decided to go out to a restaurant after.

Of course, Chase decides to do a stinky. :dohh: Did I feel bad!

So, from now on, the diaper bag stays in my vehicle at all times. :rofl:

Depends where we;re going... if its somewhere where I KNOW I wont be long enough to have to change or feed her then no, I dont take it. If its a potential trip where we might be out long enough to feed, then ya, I bring it.

Chase is getting so heavy. Carrying him in his car seat around is totally screwing up my back so to add an extra thing to carry is tough. LOL

I always, always take a bottle with me even if going up to the school, but I guess you never know what could happen.

So far we have - but I'm nervous that the day we leave it in the car or whatever will be the day we need it most. I know it is over packed with a ton of 'just in case' stuff but I guess we will work it out when we start going out more - at the moment I'm too knackered to think about it much so we just lug the dang thing with us everywhere.

I did soon learn to also pack snacks and drinks for me - bfing is hungry and thirsty work and its horrible being stuck somewhere where there is only stupid vending machine stuff or worse. So now I take drinks cartons of juice and pack cereal bars. OH always wants them too - I think he gets hungry from lugging all the gear! LOL!

I have two. A big and a small one. The small one looks like a purse so I pack the necessities in that one for small trips out for just in case moments, but the big one comes everywhere else!

Most times yes although if we are just walking up to a store in the area I'll leave it at home.

Like you - I always take a bottle with me, but I rarely take the diaper bag, unless we are going out for the day. But I'd say under an hour and I dont bother.

I dont have a diaper bag. I have my favorite Cole Haan leather bag and I carry a Ziploc bag with some diapers in it. A diaper bag just screams MOM!!!

I have a backpack with everything in it. Sometimes I just throw a diaper in my purse and one bottle and enough formula in a little dispenser thing, and one soother and I am good for at least 2 hours usually. But I usually bring the back pack everywhere.

Dec just has a little Bob the builder back pack thats stays under the pram at all times. But then again with him being a lot older the only thing I need to carry is a few nappies and wipes.

yup i do, because of elliots reflux i have spare bibs/tops/muslin cloths for any mess. also when i think i wont need the bag he goes and does a smelly one in his nappy or something daft! i usually take a bottle out too, just in case something happens when im out.

keely.

I have a large handbag and the middle section has all the stuff we might need (and hardly ever do!) So I take it wherever we go!
I've just found it's easier than a nappy bag!!

i dont take my nappy bag with me as long as i am not staying out too long, i do take if i know i am gonna be more than an hour, just in case...

Mines always in my car so technically yes. Don't have any use for it in the house.

I take it everywhere with me and im glad as a few times hes pood whilst ive been out!! xx

Yes, where baby goes the bag goes.....its my new handbag!! :rofl:

The one time I DIDN'T bring the diaper bag, I needed it :rofl:

Usually if its under 2 hours I take a bottle, 2 diapers, some wipes and a bib in my purse.

Yeah I do most times. I leave it at home if I run to the store or some short trip such as that. But other than that it's in my car or I'm carrying it when I'm taking her for a walk. My god it's heavy! :dohh:

^Exactly what happened yesterday. LOL

Believe me, Chase does not like sitting in dirty diapers. He doesn't scream but whines.

Agree to that there is no need for the diaper bag in the house so it will be permanently in my truck.

I know what you mean, lugging a car seat with child to the car and then a nappy bag on top of that - urgh. I often do think about leaving it at home, as once I´ve lugged Sam in his car seat down three flights of stairs and then around the corner to the car - I´m cream crackered.

If I know I´ll be half an hour or so and I know he´s recently eaten, then I don´t bother with anything, otherwise the nappy bag gets lugged along. Luckily its a rucksack, so I´ve got both hands free and its not falling off my shoulder as I walk along - still a pain when you´ve been shopping and then have child, nappy bag and shopping to carry back upstairs!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->