do you think an ultrasound could cause a misscarriage :(

Ninni

Reaction score
My first miscarriage was around the same time as my first normal ultrasound at 10.5 weeks back in February... My second ultrasound was an the one they stick up in you and it was at 6 weeks prego and we saw a heart beat, i went back to the er for bleeding yesterday and they said i miscarried at 6 weeks which was the last ultrasound so i was just wanting to know if any one else has experience this:cry:

Ninni, I am so sorry for your loss. I have had this happen too. I went into the ER for cramping at 5w3d and they saw everything normal on ultrasound and my HCG levels were good. Then I went for my 9 week ultrasound and they said I miscarried at 5w6d. Only 3 days after my last ultrasound, but the baby stayed in the uterus. I have a DnC tomorrow.

Oh Ninni sorry for your loss.

The internal ultrasound wouldn't have caused your MC.

:hugs:

There is no evidence that an ultrasound can cause miscarriage hun. When i went for my first scan because i had some spotting, all looked fine, a week later i miscarried. I dont believe it was the scan, i believe it was just that i was scanned right before things properly got underway. its natural to look for reasons as to why you miscarrige, but people just dont know :( xx

im not sure, my 1st m/c happended 2 days after an interal but I have had 3 m/c since that with no scan so im guessing it wasn't the reason. unfortunatly we all look for reasons as to why, but most the time there are no answers which makes it even harder. im so sorry for your loss xxx

hey sorry for your loss.. i had 5 or 6 internal scans and the sonogropher assured me that the probe goes nowhere near your womb. only the very tip goes inside you so its unlikely that it can cause a miscarriage xx

I would say no, I know that lots of ladies, including myself, needs to know why they miscarry.

xxx

no it wouldnt, iv asked this question so many times and the answer is no. :( sorry for your loss
xxx

i had 4 internal scans but it didnt cause me to mc hun i thought the same though before i got any internal scans im so sorry for your loss xx

sorry for your loss. scan doesn't cause mms people on IVF have a scan every second day. the technique used in it is not more that you get from using computer. i know we all want to know why it happened but i guess we'll never know.

I had lots of ultrasounds in my pregnancy. I initially thought all the internal scans may have harmed the baby somehow. I found out later that the reason for my MC was chromosomal & ultrasounds had nothing to do with it xx

:hug:

They wouldn't do internal ultrasounds if they thought that they could cause a miscarriage. The 'wand' doesn't enter the cervix so it's in no way affecting the baby. They say it's safe to have sex during pregnancy, that sex does not cause miscarriage, and the act of placing the ultrasound wand into the vagina is a lot less vigorous than the act of sex.

Ok so I have been reading these posts, and I have some information. I had a vag ultrasound at 6 weeks 6 days and had to sign a concent form due to the related link to vag ultrasounds and pregnancy loss. These ultrasound can make you loose you baby!!! This freaked me out so much I have never been told this before, and I was thankful that someone finally told me and informed me about this.

Having had several internal scans I can tell you they aren't any more invasive then sex would be. Sex doesn't cause a miscarriage ergo..

So sorry for your loss! :cry:

ultrasound does not cause miscarriage hun :hug: xx

Oh hun I am so sorry for your loss, but no, I don't think an ultrasound can cause miscarriage. It's not dangerous xx

How about the pressure exerted by the radiographer? i'm 13wks 3days and had a scan today I was in there quite a while as the baby was being akward and now i'm having some bleeding and my tummy is feeling sore.
(it wasn't an internal)

How about the pressure exerted by the radiographer? i'm 13wks 3days and had a scan today I was in there quite a while as the baby was being akward and now i'm having some bleeding and my tummy is feeling sore.
(it wasn't an internal)

Did everything turn out ok?? I'm skeptical about ultrasounds. And traumatized by a early scan I had.

I'm NOT getting another early U/S again. We went and had one at the MFM (two actually- one internal and one external) and then the OB told us we had to repeat it for them (external only) the same day. When we went back 2 weeks later the baby hadn't grown AT ALL since that ultrasound. I think it's just too much on their newly beating hearts and won't risk it. It not the wand that causes the issue, but the sound waves that is uses to produce the image. When you get an x-ray nothing physically touches you, but it is known to cause damage to a fetus.

I wondered this too and even googled it. I had an internal scan (where they stick it up you) at 8 weeks and I got told my baby died at 8 weeks 1 day. "within hours" of my first scan, so they said. I can't see them doing these scans if they could potentially cause somebody to miscarry but it did run through my mind too x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->