Do you think CC/CIO is wrong?

I. I also think that, like many have said, every mom and baby is different. Some babies will respond will to CC and some won't.

Totally agree with this x I know some people who have tried CC & their child has cried so much they were being sick.
If F had cried so much that he was making himself sick I would have stopped immediately & tried something else but this luckily wasnt the case for us & after 2 nights he was falling asleep by himself & staying asleep & waking up in a much brighter mood x

IMO thats different. Chloe and Jaycee have never cried to the point they have thrown up. CC is all about teaching your child to self settle but not by leaving them to cry for hours on end. We still go in the room we just dont PUPD. I think thats the reason why so many are against CC/CIO because lots of parents dont really understand it. Leaving your child until they are being sick isnt what CC/CIO is all about.

I get confused about this topic.

When my LO gets upset to the point of no consolling, I will hold her but she will still scream and scream, is this still CIO even though i'm holding her??

I get confused about this topic.

When my LO gets upset to the point of no consolling, I will hold her but she will still scream and scream, is this still CIO even though i'm holding her??

No not at all!! You're doing your best to console her. CC + CIO are sleep training methods, not what you're doing!

We did CC at 7months which worked quickly and easily but after teething and illness I can't face doing it again so I'm actually being converted to the more gentler Baby Whisperer ways (shush pat) which is also working albeit a bit more slowly but we're still getting there! We're also getting onto the EASY routine which is helping immensely. x

I. I also think that, like many have said, every mom and baby is different. Some babies will respond will to CC and some won't.

Totally agree with this x I know some people who have tried CC & their child has cried so much they were being sick.
If F had cried so much that he was making himself sick I would have stopped immediately & tried something else but this luckily wasnt the case for us & after 2 nights he was falling asleep by himself & staying asleep & waking up in a much brighter mood x

IMO thats different. Chloe and Jaycee have never cried to the point they have thrown up. CC is all about teaching your child to self settle but not by leaving them to cry for hours on end. We still go in the room we just dont PUPD. I think thats the reason why so many are against CC/CIO because lots of parents dont really understand it. Leaving your child until they are being sick isnt what CC/CIO is all about.

:dohh: sorry i didnt explain myself that well did I x I didnt leave F to cry until he fell asleep I would leave him for a few minutes then go in to him, rub his back/stroke his face etc but didnt PUPD but someone I know said they cant do CC as their little one cried so much they were being sick so maybe they didnt fully understand CC & were leaving him to cry?? x
F did cry & I would leave him for 2-3 minutes then go in to reassure him I was still there but he wasnt screaming the house down & making himself sick x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->