Do you think I can bring in milk even though I dried up two weeks ago?

dinkery

Reaction score
My milk supply decreased and eventually dried up to zero, despite following every bit of advice from 4 different lactation consultants, including:
- drinking about 2.5 gallons of water a day
- eating 3 servings of oats a day
- taking 3 fenugreek capsules 4 times a day
- drinking fenugreek tea nightly
- eating spinach
- eating cashews
- getting lots of protein
- pumping every 2hrs to increase supply/demand ratio
- massaging during pumps
- keeping baby near me during pumps
Plus various other ideas given to me by ladies on the boards here.
Unfortunately none of that worked and soon I couldn't get a single drop out. I saw my OB for my 6wk check this week and she gave me Reglan/metoclopraminde (not allowed to prescribe domperidone in the US), and told me it might work and it might not but it couldn't hurt me to try. I know there may be some side effects for me but I am willing to try this for my baby. I took the first pill about an hour ago and she said once I start taking it to pump religiously every 3hrs for one week and if it doesn't work that's the end of it. Which I guess I am okay with because that means I really did try EVERYTHING and it's not my fault.

But my question is do you think this will work? Can I go from completely nil to making some milk on this medication? Aside from wanting my baby to have breastmilk it would help us a lot financially, as he has so many sensitivities that we must give him a very expensive formula. Even if I can't keep up with his demand, if I could just have half-and-half bottles that would help. Opinions?

I think it's worth a shot! Think positive and just try to relax! I hope it works for you as i know how frustrating it can be

People who haven't had a baby can lactate, it's definitely possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->