Do you think I'll get my money back?

Sometimes when a card transaction is processed, the money is pre-authorised, to make sure it is there, it is then kept aside ready for the company to take. So although the payment hasn't gone through, the money is still being held aside iykwim. It takes about 3-5 days then for the money to be released back into the account. But I wou;dn't think this would happen with a cancelled transaction, they probably didn't know how to use the till properly!:dohh:

I got overcharged for my flight to America by American Airlines... It was about £330 and they charged me twice... I contacted them and they agreed it had doubled up - said it was due to exchanging it from pounds to dollars and back again?!?! Well I was left with very little in my account until they had refunded and the bank had accepted it! Same with Clarks shoe shop...Some newbie on the counter, took the amount twice for some reason, the manager had to come out and refund me what they had overcharged and told me it would probably take about 5 working days to clear back into my account!! Well I was left without money that I needed for that time! :grr:

Still a pain in the ass, even if they put it back, it's still missing from your account until they do and it clears!! Bah. Glad you got it sorted anyway!! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->