Do you think my positive OPK might result in an BFP?

Vivian343

Reaction score
Hey... I joined this website 2 weeks ago after seeing how helpful everyone is on here :)

I have kinda irregular periods, they are always about 3 days off and a week at the most. I was supposed to get AF any time from the 14th-18th of october and it never came.
So, I started taking pregnancy tests and got 4 negatives. I think I took them too soon though. I read online that an OPK will show positive when you're pregnant and I had tons so I've been taking them for the past two weeks and the test line has been slowly getting darker. Well anyways, today I got a super positive OPK around 5pm. I've only got one HPK left and I've been saving it for the past week cause the negatives were a bit lame to keep getting.

I'm gonna take it tomorrow morning but I wanna know what this forum thinks! The waiting is so hard!
Sooo could it mean I actually have an BFP since my period hasn't come yet? Hopefully I gave enough info. I'm kinda new to all this terminology and ovulation tracking stuff <3

I have heard before and seen from a few ladies photos here that it is possible to be pregnant if you are getting a positive OPK. With saying that.. you did say that your periods are irregular so they could just mean that you will soon be ovulating. If you are irregular because you may have PCOS then sometimes that can effect an always positive OPK.

Good luck

ive heard you usually get a positive hpt before you get a positive opk for detecting pregnancy.

Still no period! I kinda wish it'd come so I could get it over with though... If i don't get my period in another 3 weeks I think I might hit up the doctor, and maybe ask about PCOS. My last pregnancy test was also negative! Gonna order some cheaper online tests soon. Thanks for the feedback~

I didn't get my positive OPK until after my BFP, I took one the same day I got my BFP and it was rather dark, but not super dark. I would say definitely 'do the deed' for the next few days as much as possible since you did get a + OPK, and keep testing with OPK's to see if it fades out, you might have just hit your surge :)

GL girl!! :hugs:

Just an update... My cycle ended up lasting 54 days, and I finally had a really REALLY heavy period. I think it was a miscarriage because I've never experienced anything like that.

Oh no! SOOO sorry to hear that hun :hugs2: if you're still actively TTC, then we're typically VERY fertile after a MC, that's the only good thing that comes from such a sad experience, so FX'd for you :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->