Do you think this is a girl or boy's name?

Bonnie11

Where's the Stork?
Reaction score
What do you ladies think of the name

Marlow

Would you say that is a girl or boys name?

Thanks for your input girls! X

I would say its a boys name with marley being a girls variation xx

I've never heard it before but my first response was boy!

i would say girl hun. that was my first response before seeing the two responses above. i think its very pretty. i also THINK its the names of sienna millers daughter x

This is our pick for a boy, but with an "e" on the end, as in Christopher Marlowe. Guess my secret's out! :haha: I'm really hoping it doesn't become stupidly popular. I think some celebrity or other has a girl with the version without an e. I hated hearing that news!

I would definitely think boys name! I like it! X

Yes sienna millers daughter is Marlowe with an E on the end. I really like it and have always thought boy but now she has stolen it ha and I don't want everyone thinking its a girly name! But I suppose Jessica Simpsons baby girl is Maxwell which I never would have thought for a girl so who knows. I'm just hoping it doesn't get crazy popular!

really not being rude but the first thing i thought is its a dogs name

i guess maybe male though as Marlon is male

really not being rude but the first thing i thought is its a dogs name

Maybe you're thinking of that film "Marley and Me".

For me it's this guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Marlowe

I've wanted Marlowe for a boy since studying Faustus many years ago. I still love it, celebrities or not.

The name also means "driftwood". I'm very much hoping to use it as our son's name if we ever have a son, so I hope more people avoid because of that dog film!

But I suppose Jessica Simpsons baby girl is Maxwell which I never would have thought for a girl so who knows. I'm just hoping it doesn't get crazy popular!

I think outright giving a girl what has always been a boys name is a bit mean, especially when there's a perfectly lovely feminine alternative of the name (which happens to be my name!)

But Marlowe has rarely been used as a christian name, and the surname is associated with a man. It also sounds like Marlon. I think you're definitely safe and it's nothing compared to poor Maxwell!

Let's just hope this all blows over and not too many people pinch our name! :haha:

I totally don't see the girl thing. Funny how we all see names so differently!

Girl... but I only think that because as far as I know Sienna Miller named her daughter that!

I think it could go either way. Girl or boy. I think pairing it with an obvious masculine name would be the best choice. It's sort of like using Ashley for a boy or Taylor for a girl. As long as they have another name that helps identify a gender, it should be fine.

It's funny that most people think Ashley, Lesley, Courtney, Kelly or Whitney are girls names but were originally boy names to begin with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->