Do you think this is a girl or boy's name?

I think it could go either way. Girl or boy. I think pairing it with an obvious masculine name would be the best choice. It's sort of like using Ashley for a boy or Taylor for a girl. As long as they have another name that helps identify a gender, it should be fine.

It's funny that most people think Ashley, Lesley, Courtney, Kelly or Whitney are girls names but were originally boy names to begin with.

Ashley still is a boys names, Ashleigh is a girls name - same pronunciation different spelling

but yes its very interesting how it changes country to country, Kimberly is another one very strongly a girls name here but in know American and Australian men called Kimberly

It's a boys name for me too. Looks like it's pretty divided! :)

x

Yes as long as its divided I'm happy! I always thought boys name (we would use it for a boy) till sienna Bloody miller stole it for a girl. It made me worry that it was too girly. At least she used an E on the end so it will be a bit different.
Thanks girls
X

I would definitely have thought it was a girls name x

I thought girl name, but maybe because it sounds like Margot to me.

It doesn't strongly suggest one or the other to me. I think it would work just fine for either.
Nice choice, though! I like the literary allusion and I like the sound of it.

Ashley still is a boys names, Ashleigh is a girls name - same pronunciation different spelling

but yes its very interesting how it changes country to country, Kimberly is another one very strongly a girls name here but in know American and Australian men called Kimberly

I know plenty of girls named Ashley, or Ashlee, or Ashly, or Ashlie... People always like to vary the way they spell names. Also, I have lived in the U.S. my whole life, and never met a man named Kimberly... I know men named Kim (my uncle), but it wasn't short for anything.

Another name that can be equally male or female is Dana. Some people feel very stongly it goes one way or another, but really it is equally male and female.

I know plenty of girls named Ashley, or Ashlee, or Ashly, or Ashlie... People always like to vary the way they spell names. Also, I have lived in the U.S. my whole life, and never met a man named Kimberly... I know men named Kim (my uncle), but it wasn't short for anything.

Another name that can be equally male or female is Dana. Some people feel very stongly it goes one way or another, but really it is equally male and female.

oh, i assumed it was a Kim is short for Kimberley, it is in Australia

I love Dana (if i was a boy its the name id want) but i think its unisex

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"