Do you think women get super broody when...?

calm

Reaction score
somebody in your circle of family or friends has a baby. I mean, some people are broody on and off (or without the off) all the time, but I have noticed a lot of women that were not so bothered about having kids until a sister or a best friend had one.Apart from the logical reason of having an adorable baby near you all the time, As animals we are, do you think pregnant women or babies give off some scent that sets our hormones off?

P.S. I am thinking now about the theory that when we are around women our witches tend to gather around at the same time, I think they say that is a scent thing

hmmm intersting theory about a biological link. i'd say it makes sense to be more of a mental thing seeing and holding babies.
intrested to see if there is any research on it x

I'd probably have to agree with you. I mean, obviously seeing a baby if you're broody does make it worse, but there must be some truth in your theory! It makes COMPLETE sense to me lol :p

When my sister had her last boy (no. 7 of my nephews) it was just a couple of months before I fell pregnant and I couldn't have been less interested in the baby! It's possibly a special case as that month I am sure I fell pregnant but it went wrong and my period came as normal. I had really exaggerated symptoms and I recall reading that very high hormone readings are often a sign of miscarriage to come. Anyway I was pretty bonkers from it so that might be why I wasn't interested!

My SIL certainly gets broody from Byron but then she is always broody anyway.

Oh and yes there was a delightful experiment done in which women had the sweat of other women smeared on their top lips and they were found to converge period timings with those who the scent belonged to. The theory being that pheromones stimulate our systems to coincide.

I've been super broody recently, and yesterday we had a 2 week old baby come into work. The baby was of course lovely and gorgeous, but seeing a newborn put me right off! :blush:

Im allways broody so i cant realy comment

I think our cycles regulate themselfs to the women we are close with goes back to our animal days. Like when animals have a "season"

Its someting to do with if 2 womens babys are born at the same time and something happens to one of them woman, the other can feed her child and as our milk changes as the babys get older it will be geared to the babys age

I think that babies definatly have some sort of appeal, I never knew what my mother meant by 'baby smell' until I held my baby cousin.. I couldn't have been any more gooey and he smelt so goood!! (Not that I go around sniffing babies, honest!) but ever since then I've had nothing but babies on the brain. I think its definatly a hormonal/scent thing, I'm not around my closest friends recently as they have all travelled away so maybe thats why I've spent ages waiting for AF! :)

I think that babies definatly have some sort of appeal, I never knew what my mother meant by 'baby smell' until I held my baby cousin.. I couldn't have been any more gooey and he smelt so goood!! (Not that I go around sniffing babies, honest!) but ever since then I've had nothing but babies on the brain. I think its definatly a hormonal/scent thing, I'm not around my closest friends recently as they have all travelled away so maybe thats why I've spent ages waiting for AF! :)

No I'd never known the baby smell either, despite the myriad nephews. But when I first smelt Byron it was sooooo good! I miss that. I think that's the one thing I would pick to hae back from the early days. Just occasionally I sort of notice it again but really it went after a couple of weeks at most. Sigh...

I luuuurrrrve the baby smell! I'll admit it, I do go round sniffing babies XD I want to blow rasberries on them too.
Maybe I'm obsessed?! Xx

I luuuurrrrve the baby smell! I'll admit it, I do go round sniffing babies XD I want to blow rasberries on them too.
Maybe I'm obsessed?! Xx

:haha: I just had the funniest image of someone running around town sniffing babies.. Its not a pantie sniffer its a baby sniffer! :happydance:

Talking about all of this, I remember someone saying that being around a baby had made them have milk again after a long time not having any. I mean, that must be an animal thing!

Going on to the subject of animals, it seems like they also get PND, as I had a rabbit that just ignored her young and we had to bring them up, and a cat I had did the same. Strangely enough when I fed the little rabbits with a bottle from day 1, I really had a mother instinct going on, I felt extremely protective and just wanted to drop everything and spend all my time feeding them. I actually cried when I had to go 2 days later back to uni and leave them to the care of my mum!

I suppose what I am saying, is that I really believe in that animal part of us, and at the end of the day, we are made to reproduce and for our race to survive. Scents, hormones, biological clock, broodiness, even sexual arousal I think is a "trick" to get us to contribute to the human race.

hm I don't see a coincidence with me since it has been some time since I was opposed to one myself.I think I am the most broody when I am the most fertile though.

Talking about all of this, I remember someone saying that being around a baby had made them have milk again after a long time not having any. I mean, that must be an animal thing!

Going on to the subject of animals, it seems like they also get PND, as I had a rabbit that just ignored her young and we had to bring them up, and a cat I had did the same. Strangely enough when I fed the little rabbits with a bottle from day 1, I really had a mother instinct going on, I felt extremely protective and just wanted to drop everything and spend all my time feeding them. I actually cried when I had to go 2 days later back to uni and leave them to the care of my mum!

I suppose what I am saying, is that I really believe in that animal part of us, and at the end of the day, we are made to reproduce and for our race to survive. Scents, hormones, biological clock, broodiness, even sexual arousal I think is a "trick" to get us to contribute to the human race.

Just think at the end of the day we are just evolved apes.. So we are animals.. sort of! I have two dogs and I would give my life for them, when they are sick I take care of them, I worry and I like to pamper them and see them happy. I was like a protective psycho mum when they were puppies! :happydance: And the milk thing makes sense, since animals can produce milk and take care of anothers young if abandoned.

I think its alll in the science, we get broody to encourage us to produce, randy so we get to the point of trying and we are maternal :)

Recently numerous people i know have all got pregnant or is trying and for me it's making the situation worse, i've wanted a family for the past two years but i'm waiting till me and my boyfriend are settled down more.
My best friend had a baby boy in November 2006 and that made me broody for a while, but it's recently that it has got worse, but i notice so many mothers and pregnant women now, much more then before, brooding is the most frustrating thing for us women ever.

I have been broody for a while but never really been around babys much until my step sister had a boy in June. He is so adorable and he smells soooo good I could eat him. It has made me more broody thats for sure. Cant wait to have one of my own. :baby:

hmm i think there is definitely some truth in this, when i see lots of babies, younger than maddi i think, oooo wouldn't it be nice again now! when we were trying for maddi, there was no babies around us, or pregnant women, and tbh, i think i was relieved as i was soooo broody and thought we couldn't have any x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->