Do you think you'll end up being induced too? ;)

JustRhi

Reaction score
Weird ol feeling. I'm 39+5 and people keep saying. Oh not long now!
Bags packed but it just feels like.. doesn't matter too much as I'm pretty damn sure I'm going to be one of those ladies sat in the waiting room 2 weeks over awaiting for her bed. So she can be induced.

I'm actually convinced this is how it's going to happen. I'm in no rush but I don't even feel close.
No more pains niggles or anything. Odd few kicks as normal. And a little tired but apart from that I don't feel much different.

Don't get me wrong. I am very extremely excited! And would love labour to start right this second. I just don't see it happening!

Anyone feel like this too? X

Absolutely!

Having been induced with my first two, and already 5 days over, I cannot see me going into labour on my own, ever! I feel totally comfortable and fuul of energy, and have resigned myself to being induced. I have a date of the 23rd tk go in, so its only 6 days away. I hope I dont have to go but I would put money on it that I do!

Keeping everything crossed for you.
Can I ask what your experiences were like when you were induced before?
I've been induced at 35+5 and I imagine it may have been a bit different as he didn't want to shift. (Hind waters leak)
It was 36 Hours and quite a horrible experience for me. X

I didnt expect my 2nd to come but she did, its amazing how quickly things can change.

No i dont think i will end up being induced, one thing i want to completely avoid.

Same here! All the pains and niggles have stopped! I hope I don't have to be induced because I would love to give birth at the midwifery centre and not the hospital!
1 day over today! Xxx

Yup, although I'm only 37+ 5 ATM. However, if I haven't gone into labour by 40 weeks I'm being induced then, so at least I won't go overdue. Just got a feeling ill be induced though

My inductions hawere quite different, but both positive experiences.

Dd1, went in at 40+10, 12pm, and over the next 36hrs was given 3 vaginal pessaries in the hopes to bring on labour. They didnt work and after that I was just dilated enough for them to break my waters, theydid that and hooked me up to pitocin to get things sstarted. It was very intense and I got the epidural quite early on. Labour was a total of 6hrs, almost 2 of which were pushing!

Dd2, went in at 40+11, 9pm and was given a sweep and dose of gel around cervix. At 9.15 in the morning I started contracting every 2/3mins and when checked I was 5/6cm. Taken to the birthing pool where I spent the rest of my labour and also gave birth, using just g&a. Labour was less than 2hrs total.

I don't think my body was ready tk give birth the first time! It took alot of effort to get her out lol.

Now at a week overdue, induction is definitely a consideration. I'm hoping she'll come on her own, but I will likely schedule an induction for late next week.

same here...i was under the impression she would be good and come out at 39 weeks like her brother, but i dont feel heavy down below, ive tried looking for cervix and its miles high still:wacko:

I was induced at 38w 6d last time as my waters had broken 2 days before with nothing, and had the drip which was intense (not awful) but would rather avoid it again and see if my body can do this.

Anyone trying any great ideas for moving things along and it works let me know:kiss:

I'm beginning to suspect that an induction is likely. I feel less likely that each day is 'the day' the further I've gone on. I assumed Id deliver by 39wks and I'm 39+5 now. Only just starting to feel weird when I walk. Had that for weeks before with baby 1.

Feeling the same way! I am officially due and not a single twinge or sign yet. I thought by now I would be feeling something, anything to tell me that labour is on it's way. I know it's standard procedure at 40 weeks to bring up induction if I go over but it really made me nervous. I really want to wait for my body to be ready and not to be put on a timeline.

I've heard walking lots and sex are helpful!

I'm really debating right now. I'm 40+2 today, officially, and super uncomfortable (pelvic ligament pain for months, starting to swell, etc). The doctor said I could call today about the possibility of getting started. I want to have this baby, but I've never been induced before and would really like to go on my own again.

I've had a headache since last night ... I think I'm going to run over to Wal-Mart or somewhere to check my blood pressure (those free machines) and if it's up more than last appointment I'll for sure call.

Good luck girls. Having no such luck here. Thought I was having contractions today. But nothing constant so just got my.hopes up. Braxton Hicks.. aren't they fun! And terribly mean.

Keeping everything crossed for you.
Can I ask what your experiences were like when you were induced before?
I've been induced at 35+5 and I imagine it may have been a bit different as he didn't want to shift. (Hind waters leak)
It was 36 Hours and quite a horrible experience for me. X

I was induced at 40+2 (I knew my due date due to knowing ovulation day and early dating scans) They broke my waters at 8am, started pitocin at 9am and baby was born at 3:15pm, so it was very quick considering I didn't even start contractions til like 9:30am. The pain started getting bad around noon and i hadn't dilated much, so I finally got an epidural at around 1:30pm. I think it relaxed me enough to go from 3 cm dilated to 10cm in 1.5 hours. I only had 15 min of pushing. I hadn't wanted to be induced, but I trusted my dr that it was the best decision (he has the lowest c-section rate in los angeles and I completely trust his logic and his decisions) I am hoping to go naturally this time, but honestly, the most important thing to me is safety for the baby and me, and if induction is the best option at the time I have no issues with having to do it again. Hope you go naturally, but if not hope you have an easy induction like I did!

My lil bean has until Wednesday to come on her own before we start induction at 41+5days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->