Do You Think Your Baby Knows You Love Them?

Robynxo

Finally there! Due in July 2019!
Reaction score
Hi ladies!

I'm not quite yet in second trimester but considering what I'm asking, I thought best to post here.

Obviously I haven't felt my baby move yet, but I have this overpowering desire for my baby to know I'm there, comforting him/her, talking, and rubbing my belly. I've finally been able to hear heartbeat on a home doppler, so it's nice to just listen to the baby. I don't do it often, as I don't want to get addicted lol, but when I do, it puts me in a euphoric state.

Since many of you have felt your babies by now and maybe they respond to touches, music, talking, etc... Do you think your baby knows you love them? Obviously we may not have "scientific answers" but would just love to hear your thoughts/stories. I can't wait to feel mine move around and finally communicate with him/her.

So far, I know my baby loves feeling or sound of the shower water. She will push her booty all the way up by my ribs to get to it. She will also kick my hand forcefully if I try to push her down out of my diaphragm so that I can breathe. :haha:

I have two children already though, and they definitely seem to know when they are born. Both of my children reached for me and clung tightly to me moments after birth. They know your heart beat, your voice, and they quickly learn your scent.

You will notice as your baby gets bigger in the womb that they are very responsive and interactive even from within. My second child would push her feet out so far that you could see the shape of them under my skin and she enjoyed when I would rub them. When she was born, she remembered this and it was a very soothing thing for her.

While I do not have any evidence based answers, I am very sure that our babies know we love them! The kids also have taken to rubbing and kissing my bump, so I’m hoping baby knows his/her older siblings are excited and love him/her, too.

Aw thanks for the stories! How sweet, I really can’t wait for LO to make himself or herself known.

Well in terms of cognitive development your baby doesn't yet understand that you and he/she are separate beings! And actually baby doesn't develop that understanding until he/she is able to start crawling away from mommy. It's quite interesting! So baby doesn't love "you" because baby doesn't have an understanding of what "you" are and how "you" are a separate being. But I do believe the baby feels happiness and joy, and all sorts of emotions. I believe there is a self-love that the baby has.

That’s very interesting! Thank you so much for sharing. I love learning these little tidbits of cool facts :)

One special experience I had was when my son was born (c-section) he was crying and crying. They gave him to my husband after a few minutes and my husbands voice didn't calm him. They put him by me and I said its okay baby, he instantly calmed down. When they had my husband take him to the recovery room he cried the entire time. Once given to me he instantly stopped. He defiantly at least found comfort in my voice!

Yep babies recognize moms voice :) Its a special bond right from the start!

:sad2: Oh my gosh that is so sweet, I can’t wait to meet LO. What a wonderful experience to have and hold dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->