Do you wake them?

hulahoop09

Mum to lg and pg #2
Reaction score
Your lo to feed them in the night. Past few weeks we have had troubles with lo and yesterday she was started on nutramigen milk and slept from 1am til 7.20 this morn.when I woke her. She has now settled after a bath and feed far too well for my liking, not that im complaining. Lol. I was just wondering if she doesnt wake for a feed between now and the morning (she likely will) for a feed am I meant to wake and feed her? Lol. xx

If you didn't wake her, would she be getting enough to eat?

Is she gaining weight properly ? Is she under weight ?
If she is all ok with her weight gain etc I would leave her, I have never woke my lo up for a Feed during the day or night! the only time I did was in the hospital when a stupid midwife woke me up and asked had I feed her, twat

That is a long time to go without a feed. My baby who is the same age goes 4 hours (5 tops) without feeding. But, like the previous poster said, if she's gaining enough weight then she must be getting enough during the day. I know with preemies/underweight babies they tell you to wake them to eat, but if your baby is healthy then I'd say enjoy your sleep!

If she feeds well during the day and is gaining weight and maintaining her centile then don't wake her and enjoy the sleep (this is coming from a Mum who woke her LO to feed her in the early days and is still up up to 8times a night with a 1year old!).
xx

Thanks! Her weight gain is great!! She was 8lb 1oz at birth and then went down to 7 10 then to 7 15 then to 8lb 6oz last time she was weighed :) I got told in hospital to feed on demand but she had a bit of jaundice so was then told to feed every 3 hours until jaundice had cleared. She generally wants a feed every approx 3 hours but sometimes goes 4-6 hours without waking for a feed. I wont leave her from just til the morn for a feed I reckon she will wake for one at about 1 but if not I will wake her but I was curious as to how others do it. xx

I was told not to wake them for a feed. If she is hungry, she will wake up.

i have always fed on demand, if grace slept 6 hours then fine, if she finished a bottle and wanted more then i wold try her with a second bottle, not doing her any harm x

No I don't. Thomas lets me know when he wants a feed. At 4 weeks he was still waking every 3-4 hours at night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->