Do your children have IPads? - Which one?

C

Ceejay123

We're writing out some rough Xmas and Birthday gift ideas for the kids, early I know.. but it's so that we can start to put some money aside each month. I'm thinking of getting my little man an Ipad.. He's only 2 but he's obsessed with mine. (I limit his time on it of course) but he's amazing at using it, and he has it in the car for movies.

My OH wants to get them Ipad Minis ... whereas I think the Ipad 2 may be best. (So that it has a camera etc). I think if my LO is used to my Ipad.. I think a mini may defeat the object. Also, he has it attached to the headrest of the car for movies.. I don't think that would be as feasible with a smaller one.

Any opinions? :) Mini/normal IPad? x

My daughter will be 1 year 11 months at Christmas but she loves playing with me and hubbys tablets and at her nursery they let her play with an innotab. So we are going to get her an Innotab.

Does your LO use the camera much? Would he miss it?

My daughter will be 1 year 11 months at Christmas but she loves playing with me and hubbys tablets and at her nursery they let her play with an innotab. So we are going to get her an Innotab.

Does your LO use the camera much? Would he miss it?

My LO has a leappad 2, that I got him last christmas. But because he's so used to my Ipad/Iphone he sort of gets bored with it bless him, though he will watch films on it.

Yeah he does bless him, complete little poser haha. x

LO has the iPad2 he rarely uses the camera these days, think the bigger screen is better if he is used to using yours.
I was debating claiming our ipad back and buying him a mini for his birthday but I just know he will go back to the old one for bigger screen for watching netflix lol.

We have an iPad 2 & a Samsung Tablet. They are actually mine!

I prefer the Samsung one (I'm an android fan) but the kids play with the iPad more.

Out of the iPad 2 or Mini, I personally would go for the iPad 2.

We have an ipad3 and we bought dd a medion something or other for films and games, she uses hers for films and mine for games xx

iPad mini has a camera, they all do apart from the original iPad I think?

I would personally buy a mini. We bought Alex one of the first iPads at about 1-2(she has autism) and whilst it was beneficial, it was too heavy and she kept dropping it, once on her toes and it sliced her skin. The mini has never been broken, no problem in the car and much more friendlier on little hands. Tori shares ours, I wouldn't consider one of her own.

Another thing - apple charge much more for a broken iPad than iPad mini, in fact when Alex smashed the screen of an iPad it was going to cost a lil more than buying a mini!

I let my son use my iPad 2 but he prefers my mini, he tells me the mini is easier to hold and it's much lighter. I imagine the newer full size iPads are lighter but the iPad 2 is definitely on the heavy side. As above the mini does have a camera, both front and back xx

I pad mini has a camera?? Mine does any way! I love it perfect size for lo and for my bag when were out.

Lo also has a iPad Air it's way to big for him so hubby has it. I'd go for a mini

I think the mini is winning here *takes notes for Amys presents*

I bought my LO a Kurio 7S for Xmas last year and it was really good! It came with preloaded games like angry birds and cut the rope. And lots of other educational games plus you can just download anything you want really as it runs on android. The only thing is it takes ages to charge. That's my only fault! And it was only £45 on amazon! Oh it has a (crap) camera too, good enough for a 4 year old anyway lol. Although I've had it shut in the cupboard for months as my DS was literally addicted to it, it's all he wanted to do, all he talked about. He'd get up early to play with it! Even though I used to moderate his time on it! It's not like I let him have it all day or anything! As much as it
was good and educational, I'm glad it's not out anymore, it's shocking how much Alfie has changed since taking it away!

I would go for the Ipad mini x

My boys have the tesco hudl. We used vouchers so got a great deal.
If I was going for an iPad is go for the mini for a LO x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->