Do your kids send Christmas cards?

Jessica60

Reaction score
do school kids still give out Christmas cards? My child is 6 and doesn't want to give any out at school. Also only received 2. We are UK, is this normal?

I have 2 at school and both sent cards to their full class. The school has a postbox that they can put them in and then they get delivered to the classes. They have each receieved at least 10 cards from classmates. Not everyone does it, but alot of kids do.
My girls love writing them, even my 4yr old wrote about 10 and her keyworker helped put them into the kids' trays at nursery

We were given a list of names for all the infant classes. My daughter sent one to every child in her class and then to a select few in the other classes who she also plays with.

She's had about 9 back, guess not everyone does them but I guess it's up to them if they want to? . DD2 we have sent cards to her nursery workers but she said she doesn't want to give any to children ..... So we haven't.

We do. :) My DS is giving to his class and DD to her nursery group then few friends from other groups. My kids have gotten cards every year so far.

Yep both mine send cards and seem to receive a lot too

Mine do in primary. Ds2 11 and ds4 5 have sent them this year. I've noticed that fewer people seem to be doing them this year.

my DD sends them to everyone in her class. She does a few each night as it's a big class!

DD1 has 29 in her class, we sat and wrote them out the other night- including a boy who's a bully. Ahes only had about 7 or 8 back.

DD2 is in nursery at the same school, there's around 20 in her class in total but don't all have the same days. We wrote them to as many as she could name plus who I could name, a couple from the other class (split into 2). She's had 5 including a teacher and 1 of DD1's friends.

Dd1 (6) sent some to her main friends, not the whole class. I didn't bother sending any into dd2's (2) nursery, but she received a few.

Yes but Rio didn’t want to write them so I’ve sat and written 60 cards for his year group! So far he has had 24 in return though! So quite a few are doing it x

Flynn didn't want to so we haven't. He's had about 6 from his class.

Flynn didn't want to so we haven't. He's had about 6 from his class.
Same here, dd didn't want to which is strange as she usually likes writing them. I think it's because she hasn't got my friends in class this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->