Do your OPK's get darker over time?

OhTheJoy

Reaction score
Do your OPK's get darker over time or does it just *bam* and appear?

Here is a pic of 2 of mine, first one on CD12 and second on CD14 :)

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/KatieMimi/temporary-5.jpg

https://i1116.photobucket.com/albums/k561/KatieMimi/temporary-6.jpg

2nd one has 2 tests because i pee'd on the actual window and was panicking, so i ran to my bedroom with my pants half down to grab another OPK to pee on, i was lucky i didnt pee in the hallway since i stopped midstream :dohh:
Oh sorry thats TMI Lol

If you are using the ones with the two lines, they get darker over time. If the second line is not as dark as the control line, it is considered negative. I had a hard time reading them and deciding when it was dark enough to be considered positive, so I switched to the smile faces. More expensive, but very easy to read.

Don't know if this will help or not.. but this is what my tests tend to look like-- top on is CD9 middle is CD10 and last is CD11. They seem to stay about the same as I'm approaching O and don't start to get darker until anywhere from a day to a few hours before I get my positive opk. If they do get darker before that it's very little change--almost unnoticeable. Best of luck to you! :thumbup:

Attachments

• get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 17
And I just realized by looking at that picture that my opks look positive-- they're not quite there yet. They still have a few days to go :)

mine got darker. I took them for 3 days. Hope that helps :)

Cheers! i will keep testing, going to do 3 tests a day to see what happens :)

Mine did get darker but never as dark or darker than the control line so i used the cheapies as a guide and then also bought the expensive smily-face ones but only used them till i got a positive so a pack of five usually lasted me two cycles.

Thanks! ive never seen these smile ones, where do i get them from? if i dont get pregnant this cycle i will order some for next time x

I think they are called clearblue or easy blue ovulation kit somehing like that

I am now 7DPO, Ovulation tests were all negative after 1st positive, today my ovulation test is positive again- I'm not sure what this means ? Any help with my question would be great

Can anyone shed light on my ovulation ? I'm wanting to know of my timing is correct for conceiving and if we could possibly be pregnant- thanks a bunch!

25 Day Cycle - Date of last period=May 3rd, May 14=Positive Ovulation Test, May 15 through 19=Negative Ovulation Tests , May 20th =Absolute Positive Ovulation Test Result

Does positive ovulation test result suggest possible pregnancy?

Bakers Dozen i cant help im still all new to this.

Urgh my OPK got lighter today :( this is all confusing lol

mine went up and down they didnt go from light to dark.. very frustrating indeed

Can anyone shed light on my ovulation ? I'm wanting to know of my timing is correct for conceiving and if we could possibly be pregnant- thanks a bunch!

25 Day Cycle - Date of last period=May 3rd, May 14=Positive Ovulation Test, May 15 through 19=Negative Ovulation Tests , May 20th =Absolute Positive Ovulation Test Result

Does positive ovulation test result suggest possible pregnancy?

I've read that some women get positive ovulation tests while pregnant, but if your only 6dpo then it may be a little early for that. Are you 100% sure you ovulated on the 14th? If not your body might have just geared up to O and not quite made it, so it could be trying again. My doctor also told me that it's normal to get positive opks after O because of hormone changes (that's why they tell you to stop testing after your first positive but that's really hard for all of us test-aholics :) ). Best of luck to you!

Ah ha! just took another one and its slightly darker than yesterday :) maybe its just me if i take it in the morning or evening its almost not there.

I know we are talking about OPKs, but testing with HPTs, my afternoon tests were ALWAYS darker than my FMU tests! maybe your opks are the same?? GL!!!

This is what mine look like on the lead up to O and infact O.

Hope this helps x

Attachments

• photo (5).jpg
    photo (5).jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 9
Getting darker again but not positive yet, been BD'ing last 2 nights just incase and will continue until i know when ive ovulated, oh can have a break then until that we are trying everyday :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->