Doc says no need for an appt?

pearlsandbows

Got our BFP on Xmas Day!
Reaction score
Found out I was pregnant on Xmas day & with today being the first working day I rang up for a docs appt. The lady on reception said I won't need any appt, only if I want to discuss my options (I'm assuming she means if I want to keep it?! Which I most definitely do!) & that all I need to do is to call in at reception for a pregnancy pack which contains contact details for the midwives. Does this sound right? I thought they would want to test me to make sure I was pregnant at least! Just wasn't what I expected at all!
xo.

Congratulations! It's the same here, I just rang in my doctors and had to make an appointment to see the midwife when I was 8weeks pregnant xx

Thank you that's handy to know, will pick up the pack & go from there. Just felt like I was being fobbed off a bit!
xo.

Sounds about right. They don't need to retest. A home pregnancy test is just as good as an NHS one so all it would do is waste the NHS's money on telling you something you already know. Doctors can't do anything much at an appointment. With my first 2 the policy where I lived was see dr first who would refer you to the midwife..... all that happened was dr would say "congrats, are you taking folic acid, bye".

Yeah thats how its been for both my pregnancies. Seen midwife at 8 wks first pregnancy, and 9 wks this time xx

Where I am, it's first appt 10-12 weeks so we'll see you then! But I get tested as soon as I get a bfp, see the doctor and have an early dating scan around 7 weeks, but it's due to a history of recurrent miscarriage and I need to go on medication right away. Usually the only reason they'd do testing is if there's something concerning you-spotting or something.

Completely standard! You'll need your booking in appointment which is normally between 8-10 weeks and then you get your scan at about 12 :)

They don't actually confirm your pregnant until the scan, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->