Doc visit and No U/S till 20 weeks?

WannabemomV

Reaction score
Darn it. I just had my first doctors visit. Everything looks Great. But they won't do an Ultrasound until 20 weeks. THAT WILL BE MY FIRST ONE!! How am I ever going to make it till 20 weeks without knowing my baby is fine. He said he will try the doppler at my appointment on April 29th making me just shy of 11 weeks but doesn't know if we will be able to hear the heartbeat then...
The only private U/S places in my area (UC Baby and 3D Miracles) both told me they won't scan until 22-25 weeks.
What to do- WAIT I GUESS
Sorry for my Rant

**hugs** I can understand your frustration hunny. UC baby does a heartbeat scan, maybe see if they will at least let you do one of those??? Sorry I don't have a better suggestion :hugs:

Ah hun, that's SO lame!!!! I cannot imagine having to wait that long... I'm sorry.

Hope time flies or you at least get to hear the HB soon!!!!! Maybe buy a doppler you can use? I've read you may hear the HB as early as 10 weeks...

Best of luck hun!

Yup, same here. I had one at 8 weeks last year as I had some bleeding. And will more than likely get another early one as I've had some spotting this time. They only do it early if they're concerned about something. If I don't get one, I'll go privately for one....I can't wait until 20 weeks either!!

8 years ago when I was pregnant with my first I would not have had an ultrasound until 20 weeks except at 8 weeks I had severe abdominal pain and they did a scan in the ER to rule out ectopic pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->