doctor Apointment

littletrisket

Reaction score
Oks so today is the day I get to go talk to my Gyo. about preparing for a baby and how it will effect my ibs and thyroid but I was wondering are there any other questions that you recomend I talk to my Gyno about. Cause i want to do everything possible to make this a healthy preggo. any advice would be appreciate. thanks Tristen

~ Well we have a green light now. I went to the Gyno with the hubby and the Gyno said we have agreen light . I'm healthy and in a good weight she said I will have to keep on my thyroid meds and have my thyroid checked some during preggoness . as far as the IBS it should be ok minamal problems nothing that i'm not already dealing with . the only think that sucks as I can't really take any meds for the migraines once preggo so hopefully they are ok. So green light Preggo we have decided to wait until September and then we will be trying . :)

I would ask if there are any medications you should avoid while TTC, if you need to have any bloodwork done prior (I had to be tested for chicken pox and ruebella) and ask what prenatal vitamins/folic acid he/she recommends you take. That's all I can think of for now.

Sorry my mind is blank, but Vickie has covered most I would probably have thought of too, but I wanted to wish you Good Luck hun! x

EDIT: One thing I would ask, is in the event of a pregnancy if you have sickness (I am sure I read elsewhere that this thought petrifies you?) is there any medication that will not interfere with either of your conditions! x

Sorry my mind is blank, but Vickie has covered most I would probably have thought of too, but I wanted to wish you Good Luck hun! x

EDIT: One thing I would ask, is in the event of a pregnancy if you have sickness (I am sure I read elsewhere that this thought petrifies you?) is there any medication that will not interfere with either of your conditions! x

yes thank you the advice getting sick does make me quite fearful . I have worked so hard to manage my sickness and I have a fear that once preggo it will all start up again. thanks again for the advice i will let everyone know how it goes .

it probably will effect your ibs as i have it and i have endometriosis (womb condition) and that effects my ibs so i imagine pregnancy would as many women get the runs and badly constipated whilst pregnant. Id ask for hoemone bloods to check your ovulating aswell. Ive got arthritis and other conditions so i wanted to check if my meds were ok etc and for my other conditions. Good luck!

Glad you got the green light to go ahead. Good luck for September :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->