doctor said i have a great pelvis..

styleforum

Reaction score
so i had my 36 week checkup yesterday and thankfully doc said everything looks good. he did the strep test on me and told me that i have a great pelvis.. i asked what that means and he said it means its a great pelvis for the baby to come out of .. anyone ever been told this before?? i dont understand what he was saying lol

maybe he meant what is commonly referred to as "child-bearing" hips??

LOL...it does sound like a chat-up line...a really bad one though. A midwife explained to me recently that women basically have 1 of three types of pelvic shape...
1. A heart shaped pelvis, which is perfect for baby to get out of (presumably you have one of these!)
2. A more masculine, narrow pelvis, which is harder for babies to get out of and often leads to a back to back labour
3. A type so rare that she couldn't even remember what it was (and she was the Head of Midwifery.

Notably, women who have heart shaped pelvis' don't necessarily look like large hipped women and those who have narrow pelvis' don't necessarily look narrow-hipped.

Lx

i dont think he'd make it up, just stating a fact that you have an 'ideal' pelvis... i'd look on it as a good thing :)
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"