doctor said i have a great pelvis..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by styleforum, Dec 10, 2009.

1. styleforum

styleforum Active Member

so i had my 36 week checkup yesterday and thankfully doc said everything looks good. he did the strep test on me and told me that i have a great pelvis.. i asked what that means and he said it means its a great pelvis for the baby to come out of .. anyone ever been told this before?? i dont understand what he was saying lol

2. NuKe

NuKe mummy to 2 gorgeous girls

maybe he meant what is commonly referred to as "child-bearing" hips??

3. QTPie

QTPie Well-Known Member

Sounds like a chat up line to me... :winkwink: :haha:

QT

4. Lois

Lois Me, OH, Evie & Joseph

LOL...it does sound like a chat-up line...a really bad one though. A midwife explained to me recently that women basically have 1 of three types of pelvic shape...
    1. A heart shaped pelvis, which is perfect for baby to get out of (presumably you have one of these!)
    2. A more masculine, narrow pelvis, which is harder for babies to get out of and often leads to a back to back labour
    3. A type so rare that she couldn't even remember what it was (and she was the Head of Midwifery.

Notably, women who have heart shaped pelvis' don't necessarily look like large hipped women and those who have narrow pelvis' don't necessarily look narrow-hipped.

Lx

5. Mrs Muffin

Mrs Muffin Well-Known Member

Lol aren't you lucky ;)

6. styleforum

styleforum Active Member

so does that mean he was just making that up

7. emalou90

emalou90 Well-Known Member

i dont think he'd make it up, just stating a fact that you have an 'ideal' pelvis... i'd look on it as a good thing :)
    xxx