Doctor stretched cervix

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Jess125, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Jess125

Jess125 Well-Known Member

I'm 39+1 and at my dr's appt this morning the dr said I was about 2cm dilated and tried to stretch my cervix to open it more. It was very uncomfortable and she said I'd probably have some bleeding afterward. She gave me a pad and there was only a little blood when I wiped this morning but then this afternoon a lot of dark red/brownish blood came out. Is that normal after having your cervix stretched?

I also got a bunch of BH contractions afterward with lower back pain and cramping and thought I might be in labor but then it stopped after a couple hours. I'm guessing the stretching caused that?

2. bizeecat

bizeecat Member

OUCH! Nothing about that sounds good!

3. girlinyork

girlinyork Well-Known Member

I'd phone up and check the bleeding is normal x

4. greenlady

greenlady Mum of two gorgeous girls

A little bleeding afterwards is ok but perhaps not if its a lot and red. Unless its your bloody show. Keep an eye on it.

5. Jess125

Jess125 Well-Known Member

It wasn't bright red so I guess that's why I'm not too concerned. I'm hoping it's just bloody show. If it's still happening tomorrow I'll have to call the dr.