Doctor's appointments

monroea

Mommy to Riley
Reaction score
I am currently 35 and experienced a miscarriage at 8 weeks back in October. I was just wondering if by chance I get pregnant again, if my doctor will see me earlier due to my age and previous miscarriage. Have any of you gotten pregnant after a miscarriage and been allowed extra doctor's appointments or an appointment sooner than 8 weeks?

Hay hon.
I had them 4 chemicals last year. I'm now 5+3 weeks and supper anxious.

I'm 41 just turned.
Because of my 4 chemicals I spoke with a doctor who has referred me to the EPU for a ultrasound.
I'm just waiting to hear back with a appointment but was told it will be around 6 and a half to 7 weeks so hopefully will hear something in the week.

I know my situation is a bit different but I actually rang the EPU last week and told them about what happened last year.
They were so so lovely and agreed to see me around 6 and half 7 weeks for a scan.
I cudnt book it there and then because I has to have a doctors referral.

Thankfully my losses were already under investigation so as soon as I spoke to a doctor she agreed to refer me.
Just waiting to get a date and time now.

I don't see any harm at all in you calling ure doctor or even the EPU and just tell them how anxious u are.
I know they don't normally do much unless u have had 3 or more miscarriages but because u like myself are a older lady they just mite agree to see you.

I don't have a doctors appointment tho but I have a midwife appointment but it's the booking appointment and it's when Im 8 weeks which I think is the norm.

I'm like a bag of nerves hon and praying this one will be our take home healthy rainbow baby.

Prsying u get ure healthy take home rainbow to hon in Jesus name [-o<

I absolutely believe u will <3

Hay hon.
I had them 4 chemicals last year. I'm now 5+3 weeks and supper anxious.

I'm 41 just turned.
Because of my 4 chemicals I spoke with a doctor who has referred me to the EPU for a ultrasound.
I'm just waiting to hear back with a appointment but was told it will be around 6 and a half to 7 weeks so hopefully will hear something in the week.

I know my situation is a bit different but I actually rang the EPU last week and told them about what happened last year.
They were so so lovely and agreed to see me around 6 and half 7 weeks for a scan.
I cudnt book it there and then because I has to have a doctors referral.

Thankfully my losses were already under investigation so as soon as I spoke to a doctor she agreed to refer me.
Just waiting to get a date and time now.

I don't see any harm at all in you calling ure doctor or even the EPU and just tell them how anxious u are.
I know they don't normally do much unless u have had 3 or more miscarriages but because u like myself are a older lady they just mite agree to see you.

I don't have a doctors appointment tho but I have a midwife appointment but it's the booking appointment and it's when Im 8 weeks which I think is the norm.

I'm like a bag of nerves hon and praying this one will be our take home healthy rainbow baby.

Prsying u get ure healthy take home rainbow to hon in Jesus name [-o&lt;

I absolutely believe u will <3
Thank you for such a heartfelt, kind response. Praying this is your take home baby and that you can enjoy all the highs of pregnancy!

I know you posted this a while ago but I wanted to give my experience. I've had several miscarriages, a stillbirth, and complicated successful pregnancies. Until I started having issues with pregnancy, I wasn't seen any earlier than 8 weeks. But I tend to bleed in the first tri (clotting disorder) so I am now seen at 6 weeks and get a viability scan done then. I take medication to keep me pregnant and if the pregnancy isn't viable, we want to know so I can stop the meds.

I am not the 'norm' by any means and tbh, we're done ttc becuase it's physically impossible for us to try anymore. (DH is going thru cancer treatments, I'm in menopause, and the dr said to stop.) But I will say this-having had losses in the past, it was incredibly important to me to find a doctor who was not only sympathetic but empathetic. So I did. I 'fired' more than one doctor before finding one that I loved. And when it became impossible to see him anymore due to his schedule changing, I switched to another doctor who I absolutely adore. (When I had my stillbirth, she stopped by to visit me in the hospital and I can't tell you who was crying more-me or her.) The thing that made these two doctors stand out to me was the fact that when I'd call in with worries and concerns, they went above and beyond to ease my fears. I was given the nurses' station phone number and if I'd call in saying I was worried or bleeding or just wanted reassurance, they'd call the dr ASAP and I'd get in for an appt or an ultrasound that day. And when you've lost as many babies as I have, that kind of care and concern is HUGELY important and oh so helpful in overcoming the anxiety and fear.

If you are worried at all about future miscarriages, make an appointment to discuss this with your doctor and see what they say. It never hurts to have a game plan for the future. If I'd done that sooner than I did, I may not have had nearly as many losses as I have had. I also think you should talk to your doctor about the potential cause of your miscarriage. It is most likely that it was just an unfortunate bit of bad luck, because truly, that is what is often is. But there are things that you can try if it could possibly have been caused by something like low progesterone levels. But just talking to your doctor may help ease your mind because you'll have answers to your questions and a plan in place for the next pregnancy.

Up to 3 msc might happen without any reasons. So, you do not need to worry, stay positive and enjoy your ttc-ing. In case of 3 and more mcs, a woman needs to see a doc to discuss the issue and do karyotyping to see whether or not age-related genetics is the matter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->