Does a quick + mean anything?

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
i ordered a box of 25 test strips that i figured i could use through out my 1st trimester to put me at ease if I'm having an extra cramp day or just starting to doubt that I'm pregnant. I did a test last night with diluted urine and my positive result came up fairly quickly, maybe under 30 seconds, but its supposed to take 1-3 mins. I just did another one today with less diluted urine and i got a positive in about 5 seconds. does this mean my levels are high or is it normal? I've read that higher levels can either mean twins or a complication. I'm not having many symptoms to far other than really sore breasts, but sore to the point that i can barely walk without them hurting, fatigue/my sleeping schedule has completely changed, and some light nausea but i wouldn't go as far as to call it morning sickness. But basically my main question is does a really quick positive mean anything?

Once you're past 5 weeks, most of the test brands come up positive really quickly. I also have a stockpile of internet Wondfo cheapies, and have been having fun with them. At approx 6w3d, I did one with with a mixture of 1 part pee and 4 parts water, and that came up almost as quickly and dark as the undiluted pee.

Just a word of warning for your own sanity: DON'T FREAK OUT IF YOU GET A LIGHTER TEST!! Especially among the internet cheapies. The tests max out at a certain point, and they can also contain different amounts.of dye. I have dipped multiple Wondfos into the same sample and gotten different result. They were all obvious positives, but some were definitely darker (the control and/or test line) than others.

That's normal with how far along you are especially. The first time I ever took a test I thought something must be wrong with it bc the line started coming up as soon as the urine started going over the window and b4 I even had the chance to lay it down on the counter LOL So yeah, totally normal.

My positives came up instantly i watched the urine move and the line appear its got darker as the urine made it to the control line and was dark as can be and in quicker then 30 seconds.

thanks everyone for your responses. I've been so nervous that I'm having twins since i found out so early.

At over 5 weeks, I would expect an immediate and very bold positive :). I had a positive show up immediately at 11dpo (about 3.5 weeks along) with my son, and had that at about 4 weeks with my daughter.

In early pregnancy, your hcg levels double about every 48 hours. Think about it, at a few weeks in, they're huge compared to when you first miss your period. I probably wouldn't test now anyway. At some point, hcg decreases and tests become lighter and I think you're just going to drive yourself crazy trying to interpret any darker/faster/lighter line.

Mine came up straight away and I was either exactly 4 weeks or a few days earlier, it just means the test was working well - the 1-3 minute time is not how long it's supposed to take but how long it can as sometimes it takes longer for the chemicals to react and turn pink.

Just another one to throw in a warning, tests are not manufactured with the theory of being compared to each other. They're just yes or no. They aren't meant to be how much or more or less.

Don't get me wrong.... I took a few after my BFP too!!! LOL. So no judgement here by ANY means!!! Just passing on words that helped me.

Plus, remember, HCG does fluctuate, and is suppose to drop by AROUND 10 weeks, for some people it's 8... some even sooner. And that doesn't mean anything's wrong!!! It means your body's doing a good job!!!

So it was past 5 weeks when I first tested (almost 6!) because we weren't trying to get pregnant and I just wasn't paying attention to my cycle, and the two lines popped up so fast it made my head spin. I think once past a certain point, those lines are going to come up fast because there is a ton of the hormone in your system. And there's only one baby in there (I keep having the doctor check though, they must think I'm crazy but twins run in the family). :)

I got a quick and obvious BFP at 9DPO(5 days before my period) and I'm only having one bean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->