Does acne point to a girl???

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
Urgh my chin is covered in spots all of a sudden :(

I had this with DD too, does anyone know if acne is a sign that you're having a girl because of the hormones??

I'm not as hormonal this pregnancy though so that makes me think boy?

Just old wives tales or do you have experience that backs these theories up??

I have had a few spots (dont remember it with my daughter) ive also had more sick feeling then I ever did with my daughter!

So who knows! Some believe old wives tales some say signs! X

Not really Hun because spots are caused by estrogen & progestrone nothing else's really x

Don't think so. Don't remember having acne with either DS or DD but I have it this time. As an odd coincidental side note though, using the Chinese gender predictor thing, I'm predicted to have a girl....

They also say girls take there mommas beauty lol !!!

Hence why bad morning sickness etc. Indicates girl! X

not always. with my son it was like being a teenager again, I had horrible spots. where I have a habit of picking at them without realising I am doing it I am now stuck with a very noticeable blood spot on the side of my face.

I dont recall having acne with ds, but this time around I am definitely getting acne. Its also showing on my chin and there was a really bad spot on my cheekbone about a month ok. I ended up popping it and now it looks like a permanent bruise. I am hoping for a girl though!

My face was HORRIBLE this pregnancy the first 14 weeks. It finally started to get clearer after that, but I still get pimples sometimes, which I always have. I thought for sure this meant girl, but nope, my little bean is a boy :) . I don't think this is an accurate way to tell boy or girl, more of a wives tale :)

I was only sick 3 times with my daughter in one week! My mum had more sickness with my brother then she did me!

I believe every pregnancy is different.. Similarities yeah but nothing thats text book to your last... This pregnancy is totally different to my daughters and im only over 5 weeks x

old wives tales.

You are going to get a mix of no and yes answers because for some it was the case.

I was covered in spots & had horrendous 'morning' sickness until 24 weeks, & I'm having a boy! Seems the old wives really got it wrong for me lol xx

I think that it probably is an old wives tale, but they are fun anyway! obviously lots of ladies have different experiences which discount the theory, it is interesting to hear.

In my experience I am only 5 weeks but my skin has never been better, I'm not typically prone to spots but I have been getting compliments on it the last two weeks or so. I wish I could bottle up whatever hormone this is for later lol :haha:

So far, I think I have been really fortunate with symptoms, but I know that any day I could wake up and feel terrible so I am just waiting and hoping!

Oh also, I think that I am having a boy (not for any external reason, just a hunch since before my bfp even)

I skin was absolutely glowing when I was pregnant with my boy, it's was amazing, I was quite spotty before but they all disappeared at around 10 weeks pregnant, it was fab!

My skin was clear before, now I'm breaking out on my chin.

I heard acne happens in boy pregnancies because of a surge in testosterone.

Its just hormones in general. I have a daughter and my skin was perfect while I was pregnant with her!

My skin is clear during most of my cycle and then right as AF is about to start it gets horrible with giant zits everywhere. Once AF is gone it clears up. Basically from 4 days before my missed period until 20 weeks pregnant with DD, my skin was awful like AF was going on.

This time, I haven't had a single spot on my face the entire time. I even thought I might be pregnant just because my normal 8 dpo acne never showed. Will be interesting to see if this one's a boy or another girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->