Does age matter...?

Morticia

Reaction score
I'm curious to find out at what age everyone starts thinking about babies!

To all the lovely WTT-ers (of which I am a newbie!): if you haven't already had kids, how old were you when you first started thinking about WTT/TTC?

I'm 28 - soon-to-be 29 though (June, erk). Got married last year (also at 28). Does that make me old?!:blush:

Nope. I got married at 25 and seriously started thinking about having kids at 26. I do want to get a move on now though as we're aiming for 3 before 35 ideally.

Well, I fell pregnant when I was 18 and I was most definately not thinking about babies! :lol:

I don't think age matters really, unless you're really young and it affects your rights ect.

Hello and welcome! I started thinking about babies really young (about 14) but I started dating my husband when we were 13 so maybe that was why lol. We had our first at about 21. I don't think being 28 makes you old at all. I know a lot of people who waited until well into their 30's.

I started feeling broody at around age 13, which I just realised is half a lifetime ago, and it's never stopped. No wonder I am crazy.

I only started feeling broody last year so I would have been 21, I am 22 now and already ready and in a position to take the big leap and start baby making :D Roll on September!!

I know what you mean, OP. I've just turned 29 and really want to get moving now, especially as I've always imagined having 3 children.

I feel very old to be waiting to be trying my first to be honest.

I think a lot of it is the worry when you reach 30 and knowing you only have roughly 10 years of fertility left!

I have adored babies and children since I can remember, but have been broody and thinking about having my own since I met DH 5 years ago. The broodiness reached ridiculous levels late last year when DH said we could start trying soon and that he was absolutely 100% ready. We're just waiting now to get a bit better financially, for me to save up some money for baby, and for us to go away to celebrate/commiserate my 30th next February/March to Lanzarote with my family.

August can't come soon enough! I just pray and hope we're lucky enough to fall pregnant quickly with no problems. Or a big family may well just be a dream.

Oh God no...you're not old....I got married when I was 29...got preggo a few months later...miscarried that baby, got pregnant with Ri and had her when I just turned 31. We plan on having at least 3 children so I will be in my late 30s by then. I'm 32 now and we will be ttc #2 in Sept.

I only started thinking about it when I turned 30, well, seriously thought about it....hubby too.

Granted, there were times in earlier years when we thought about it, talked about it, but I think I only wanted the experience then because when I realized all of the resposabliity that came with a baby, I changed my mind quickly. Now Im ok with it...I truely want a baby NOW!:haha::flower::winkwink:

i started really thinking about it towards the end of last year! OH wants to wait for a while tho!

I really started to think about babies and being pregnant last year when I was 20 and no 28 is not old!

I was 20 when I fell pregnant but it wasn't planned. I think aslong as you're in a stable relationship (or by yourself if you're doing it alone.. what I mean is not in a violent or stressful relationship), can support yourself and are 18+ then no, age doesn't matter.

I don't think 28 is too old (or at least I hope not!). I am 28 and this is really the first time in my life when I can honestly say that I am ready to have a baby. I really feel as though I have done all the things that needed to be done before we could start a family. I have all the qualifications I need to progress in my career should I choose to (I have just started a PhD, but that won't affect my ability to progress). I have a great job, in a really family friendly flexible workplace. I have a really supportive husband (we have been together a decade, but only married for 4 months). We have travelled to the most amazing places, so I have some great memories in case we don't get to do it again.

I wanted to do all these things before having a baby, I want to be able to focus completely on parenthood without thinking about the things that I would have liked to do.

I think that time is different for everybody, but for me 28 is the perfect age!

I've always been a broody, clucky sort of person - large family with lots of babies about, but only seriously broody in the past 18 months after I met my wonderful fiance xxx

I think I've been broody ever since I was 16! But only really serious about it all in the last 2 years when I met someone who didn't leap a mile with the mention of the word babies! I am 23 now and most people think that's young but coming on here you tend to realise it doesn't matter what age you are at all!

I do however wonder when people will start perceiving me as a 'suitable' age to be having babies, Is there an age? I certainly don't think so and I don't care what other people think. It's just interesting to see what other people's views are I guess!

28 is not old by any means. im 21 and my boyfriend is 23 in june. and we are going to start trying in may. it come about quick quickly,id been on antibiotics wen i was on the pill and was clueless to the fact that antibiotics can stop the pill from being effective. last week i was late on my period and it got me and my boyfriend talkin incase i was pregnant. when i did get my period although we both thought it wud ov the best scenerio, we were both disappointed which got us talkin and we both decided that we wanted to try for a baby. so we have decided for me come off the pill now and use protection for 2 month to let my body get back on track then start trying in may!!

I don't think 28 is too old. To be honest, when I was younger I never actually expected to be a maternal sort of person until I was in my 30s. I was very career orientated until I went to university and met my fiance. At 18 my priorities just shifted completely and I started to get very family orientated and broody. I think for me it just proved that he was 'the one' as before hand I had no intentions of settling down and having a family for a long time, if at all. I wanted to go to London and go to drama school after my first degree and then travel the world with my acting. My ex that I was with at the time wanted to take me away to Australia. As soon as I got with my now fiance I started planning our life together and started making compromises that I thought would make us happy (completely of my own accord! He was surprised when I told him all of this!). Now I'm 21, getting married next month and starting ntnp-ing straight away after. It wasn't how I expected my life to go but I love how it's turned out!

Beca :wave:

No, 28 is definitely not old to begin ttc. I've always thought of myself as being super young(23) to be thinking about having a baby, its seems that most people around the world don't really begin thinking about starting a family until their 30

Hi Nakedvix,
Medically, 29 will be considered mature mum to be, but in reality, lots of women ttc #1 at this age or even much older.

Age may be important but what is equally important is that you maintain good health too

We really started thinking about it last year autumn time when after our honeymoon and with the husband turning 31 one this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->