does any1 measure their fundal height themselves?

claire roach

Reaction score
hi all

i was just lying here bored and thought id get the tape measure out and measure my funal height lol

im curious as im a big girl and was expecting to be 2cms ahead of myself all the way through

i measured 21.4 @ my 22wk appt

i just measure myself and it was 18cms and im 24wks:dohh:

BUT i had jelly belly on at the time a few mins later my belly went hard so i measured again and it was 22cms:happydance:

im thinking tho at a size 22 and measuring when my bellys rock hard i should be bigger????

i'm not sure..
but that's something i've wondered..
is i'm bigger, so wouldn't mine be larger already cause i've got the gut...
i haven't had anything measured yet, and i'm nearly 18 weeks...

i think they start doing it around 20week mark but then it depends on when you have appointments etc.

on my notes it says 28wks 34 36 38 and 40. but ive seen some peeps say they had a check up at 24 weeks so i dont no if i should wait or not

doc measured me at 25 weeks and i was 25cm but i also have a bit of a jelly belly, so i wonder how acurate that is? Im going for another scan today to see if bubs is the right size, people keep saying i look small or looking shocked when i say im pregnant :(

i wouldnt pay any attention to fundal height messurments as i was always measuring smaller than i was n yet zane was a big baby

At 23 weeks i was 26cm and at 25 weeks i was 29cm.... i shall see what i am on thursday at 28 weeks, but the midwife is saying it looks likely i'll have to go for a growth scan to see if it is me measuring big or if baby is big or if there is alot of fluid. I'm a size 14 pre pregnancy so i'm not really sure it goes on how big you are etc...

I havent got an appointment with my midwife untill xmas making me 29 weeks nearly ..
I only saw her at my booking in appointment at 9 weeks and a quick listen at 16 weeks with a quick 2 min chat ...
Iam sure withmy other 2 i saw her before 29 weeks god knows , But i allways measured small for dates and did have a small baby she was 6lb at 6 days overdue ..
But finnley allso measured small for dates and he was massive lol. So i guess they are sometimes wrong its only a measurment .. I have never thought of measuring myself lol maybe i should try that . xxx .

I don't think its possible to measure mine as its mainly fat :rofl: and Mel I don't think you look small at all!

thankyou bex :) if one more person says i am small, they will get a royal in the chops hehe
xx

i try to but sometimes dunno whether i have the top of my uterus or not lol.

My midwife did my first measurement at 24+3 weeks (It was 25 cms). They make up a graph, specific to you, in which they take into account your height, weight and bmi from your first antenatal appointment...and from that they work out a curve of growth that they would expect you to follow if the baby is growing at a "normal" rate. I've got no hope of measuring my own fundal height accurately because I can't work out where the top of my uterus is...sometimes when it has gone hard it's obvious but other times not at all. Midwife had no trouble tho...thank god for professionals!

Lx

This is a silly question but how do you measure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->