Does anybody else have someone that they can't stand when they're drunk...

kmbabycrazy

Reaction score
Unless you're drunk too?

When me and my OH have gone on nights out together amd got a bit worse for wear it's been so much fun. But whem pregnant I quickly found out that if I'm sober and he's drunk he drives me insane. He's arrogant, loud, messy, exaggarates everything and spouts so much bullshit it's untrue. Now I don't begrudge him going out with his friends, not at all. But he comes home and either brings food home or makes something when he gets in. He leaves a trail of mess behind him and spills stuff everywhere. He doesn't stop talking even if he's woken me up. If I wake when he comes in he thinks that's an open invitation to start a conversation with me. I just prefer him to come home and straight to bed especially as once he's asleep when he's been drinking there's not much that will wake him. I have friends that I don't really like thier drunk side too.

Anyone else have people like these in their life? Where their drunk side is like their evil/annoying twin?

I hate anybody drunk when I'm sober, you don't realise how annoying people are til you see them drunk!

I think drunken behavior is all psychological. People "act" a certain way when they drink, whether they think its fun, cute, what have you.

I hate drunk people too.

Yep I'm anotherone that hates everyone if I'm sober! Which considering I have only drunk on 4 occasions since valentines day 2009 has happend lots! Dh always gets his 'pi**ed voice' that bugs the life out of me but annoys me more if I say anything his reply is 'no I'm not' to which I reply you have your 'pi**ed voice' and everytime without fail his reply is 'I always talk like this' :dohh: at that point I want to punch him in the face (obviously I don't) not that he drinks very often.

My DH drives me mental when he's drunk, he is extremely annoying and frustrating as he becomes quite obnoxious, a extremely stubborn. Its a shame really.

I fecking hate my OH when he's drunk. He's a down right prick. His mouth goes a funny shape, his voice goes funny and it's the only time I ever consider violence. It actually infuriates me!

And that's not even then end. He has this ridiculous dancing going on, he gets loud and FAR too touchy with me, he gets overly friendly with strangers, he always tries to encourage me to drink more (knowing I'm intolerant to alcohol). AGHHHHHHHHH

My OH bugs me too.

He doesn't go out very much so consequently is a little bit of a lightweight. When he comes home he's rather loud (it's very funny when he's telling the furniture to be quiet though) and then proceeds to spend half an hour throwing up (I spend half an hour trying not to throw up) and either falls asleep at the toilet or somewhere between the toilet and the bed.

He tries to be considerate though and if he brings food home he'll bring some for me too. He does try to be very quiet and is very sweet but it bugs me because I'm usually asleep and don't take well to being woken up and I'm not used to the behaviour and don't cope well with what's different.

All in though, I understand that although he bugs me, there are people out there that would love their partners to be like that when they are drunk so in a way I am grateful.

All drunk people annoy me.. i hate them.. everyone knows not to talk to me if theyve had more than 1 drink or they get ignored. :haha:

they are just so rude, loud, idiotic.. the list is endless.

(i dont drink) i'll maybe have one if ive had a stressful day but thats it.

My dad! He becomes an absolute pain in the arse when he's drunk. He was being really foul to my grandma last time I saw him pissed and it made me very cross. he's also belligerent and talks too much. Generally my OH is either quite pleasant or he throws up - there is no middle ground!
I don't mind most drunk people though - generally most of my friends are quite mild, pleasant drunks which unfortunately probably means I'm the arsehole!

I hate it when people are drunk. Some people just act so silly.

I have only been drunk a few times - when I see people drunk I think to myself "do I act like that when I'm drunk?".

I haven't had anything alcoholic for about 5 years now. I don't see the point of acting like that.

Haha, all pissed people are annoying when you're sober aren't they? :p

I hate all drunk people when I'm sober, when my oh gets drunk I always leave him downstairs and go to bed, it's worse when he brings his friend round and I can hear them singing very badly at 3am to Bon jovi....

Most drunk people annoy me too, I just think...ok getting drunk at 19 was fun to a degree, but we're 26 now the novelty has worn off, why can't people just have a couple of drinks to relax and have a good time and just leave it at that?! The drinking culture in Britain is pathetic, to think we really can't enjoy ourselves and the company of others without getting obliterated, most other countries don't see the process of getting drunk as a past time?!

Thankfully my DH doesn't drink much at all and on the handful of occasions he has been pretty drunk since we've been together over 9 years his personality doesn't bother me he doesn't change much but I am terrified of looking after sick drunk people so that's the only aspect I hate, but he's done that I think 2 or 3 times in 9 years and they were pre DS1. But yeah other people, very much so.

I'm the same marinewag. I won't say I never get drunk but it's rare I will as the novelty of a jight out has worn out. I generally only go out for friends birthdays and things like that. I prefer a night in with friends and a few glasses of wine x

Yeah I don't mean drunk as in tipsy, I mean drunk to the point you make no sense, forget half the night and then feel dreadfully ill the next day...I just don't get it, don't get me wrong I love a drink as much as the next person I have really missed it this pregnancy lol but I just don't get the determination to get drunk, even if it happens by accident I understand as alcohol can have different effects on us on different nights but the "I'm going to get obliterated" attitude I don't get.

I've never been drunk so I always end up being the one to make sure people get home ok or don't behave too badly on a night out. It's a pain in the arse some times.

If my sister drinks white wine she gets quite aggressive and really loud. She argues with nearly everyone, needless to say everyone keeps white wine away from her. She gets quite loud when she's drunk anyway and stubborn, she also has a way of getting in to every ones face. It's not too bad for people that know her, we just ignore her when she gets like that but if we're out in a pub/club then it can get quite embarrassing and we have to kinda calm her down before things escalate.

My ex, my god I couldn't bear him drunk, even if I was drunk too he'd annoy me. Starts weird conversations that make people uncomfortable, thinking he's funny (he wasn't) then would strop that no one has a sense of humour, inappropriate behaviour, like trying to have sex with me with all our friends in the room.. Argh. to be honest my fault for dating him! I'm such a social happy person I'd always feel awkward when others would move away.

Now my dh (and all of my friends bar one, who is an aggressive drunk) are the type who get happy, giggerly,, fall of chairs, meet strangers with a grin, lots of clinking of glasses, deep convo's, and 'i really love you's'

Haha I have a whale of a
time! I haven't drunk since before pregnancy, I'd love a good night out with dh and a baby sitter now!

One of my sister's is a pain when drunk. She gets a little too big for her boots. Gets mouthy and cocky to random strangers, flirtatious dancing with other men (she's a married woman) and if a guy looks at her without her permission she will stand there wiping her shoulder at them. They never even wanted to have any communication with her in the first place! And in the taxis home, omg. She doesn't shut up.

My mum and sister are both pains and end up arguing with each other! Drives me bloody insane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->