Does anyone else feel like me or am I crazy?

Lola_Bunny

Reaction score
Morning everyone :)

So, I got my BFP last Sunday which was a massive shock as I was on the pill. According to the clearblue test I done I was 1-2 weeks. I done another test on Wednesday and it said 2-3. How far gone would you all say I was?
Anyway, getting to me feeling crazy... in total I've done 5 pregnancy tests, all positive. My boobs have gone up a cup size, my nipples are in so much pain. I'm gassy and last night I nearly cried because my OH made me jump lol. I have all these symptoms and yet I keep wondering if there's actually a baby in my belly. I feel like I couldn't possibly be pregnant and that it all must be in my head. I'm not feeling sick or overly tired yet so it's like I'm almost trying to convince myself I'm not pregnant. Although it wasn't planned, I want this baby so much and I'm scared when I go for a scan that they'll tell me there's no baby.

I think if you're getting positive tests then you are pregnant. You're probably fairly early on, but it's hard to know for sure when you've been on the pill. Unless you can afford an early scan then like most of us you'll have to just sit tight until 12 wks and hope and pray all is going well. Wouldn't it be so much easier if we could see inside to check on the little beings! I'm struggling with all day nausea currently and reading everywhere that it's a good sign, bout still have 4 1/2 weeks until my scan!

I was going to book an early scan but all the ones in my area won't scan you until you're 7 weeks but as I don't know how far gone I am I can't book. I know the clear blue date you from conception which I think would make me about 3 weeks whereas the doctors date you from your last period which would make me about 5 weeks (although it wasn't a period but my pill free week) I don't know if when the private scans state from 7 weeks if that means 7 weeks from conception or 7 weeks from LMP!

It will be 7 weeks from last period I think. The 12 week scan at hospital is actually done when the baby is only really 10 weeks from conception, so I guess that early scans will be the same. Give them a call and find out, it can't hurt just to ask them xx

It will be 7 weeks from last period I think. The 12 week scan at hospital is actually done when the baby is only really 10 weeks from conception, so I guess that early scans will be the same. Give them a call and find out, it can't hurt just to ask them xx

Thank you :flower:

It's not crazy, we tried eight months for this bean and now that I've had my good positive tests I'm still totally stunned and think there can't possibly be another little life inside me. I thought it'd be easier to believe the second time but I guess not! Haha. It doesn't mean you don't want it hunny, the feelings will come in time, it's just a big shock, shocks aren't always bad but they still leave you reeling for a while x

As for the scan as an educated guess I'd put you at 5 weeks ish too. I'd suggest booking a private scan in 2-3 weeks time and just say your last period start date was 8 weeks back from the day you want the scan. Once you're with the sonographer if they say anything about you being a week ahead or behind you can explain to them, it's okay you're giving them money haha. :hugs:

That's exactly it Mummafrog!! This is my second pregnancy and I remember feeling this way the first time too. I know I'm pregnant, 5 tests have confirmed it but I just can't wrap my head around it. I think until I start to look and feel pregnant it isn't going to sink in. Congrats to you, how are you feeling?
I'm thinking about booking a scan for the 28th Nov which I think would put me at about 7 weeks. do you think that's ok or should I leave it longer? x

Yeah.. I thought I'd know what was happening this time and find it easier to comprehend hehe. Still I only found out two days ago, I'm sure it will sink in.. maybe.
Weell the longer you wait to have a scan the higher chance you'll see something really reassuring on the screen :) but at the same time you don't want to wait too long and end up booking late with the midwives! Maybe if you have no idea on your dates an earlier scan would be better, you just need to be aware that by then you could only be six weeks and see a tiny dot.
I guess be prepared to have two scans if you're two early the first time to see what you need to see hehe :)

I'm.. feeling utterly rubbish today tbh. Kinda sicky and dizzy and sleeping the day away. But I've also got this annoying infection near my wisdom tooth making me feel worse! I'm just hiding under duvets today because I have to work so much next week. You? Xx

I feel the same way. I have a visit on Friday and I go from feeling really hopeful to feeling terrified. I saw my BFP three weeks ago and it's been such a long wait. The hardest part for me is comparing this pregnancy to my first one. I've had much less cramping this time and I keep worrying it's a bad sign. I do have queasiness and food aversions that have gotten worse during the fifth week, but of course I have some "good days" that send me into a panic. And testing is pointless now because the lines got as dark as possible. So I'm just waiting! It's hard.

Yeah.. I thought I'd know what was happening this time and find it easier to comprehend hehe. Still I only found out two days ago, I'm sure it will sink in.. maybe.
Weell the longer you wait to have a scan the higher chance you'll see something really reassuring on the screen :) but at the same time you don't want to wait too long and end up booking late with the midwives! Maybe if you have no idea on your dates an earlier scan would be better, you just need to be aware that by then you could only be six weeks and see a tiny dot.
I guess be prepared to have two scans if you're two early the first time to see what you need to see hehe :)

I'm.. feeling utterly rubbish today tbh. Kinda sicky and dizzy and sleeping the day away. But I've also got this annoying infection near my wisdom tooth making me feel worse! I'm just hiding under duvets today because I have to work so much next week. You? Xx

My OH said about waiting an extra week but I'm so desperate to know everything's ok I want to book it as soon as there's a chance of seeing something!
I'm really tired today and my boobs are throbbing like you wouldn't believe! Doesn't help that my LO has hit me in them so many times today :dohh:
My sickness hasn't kicked in yet and it's worrying me, I can tell I'm going to be a nervous wreck during this pregnancy lol!!

I feel the same way. I have a visit on Friday and I go from feeling really hopeful to feeling terrified. I saw my BFP three weeks ago and it's been such a long wait. The hardest part for me is comparing this pregnancy to my first one. I've had much less cramping this time and I keep worrying it's a bad sign. I do have queasiness and food aversions that have gotten worse during the fifth week, but of course I have some "good days" that send me into a panic. And testing is pointless now because the lines got as dark as possible. So I'm just waiting! It's hard.

My symptoms are completely different this time and I can't help comparing! It's funny isn't it, we're all hoping to feel as rubbish as possible as it's a good sign lol. Have you got your scan booked yet?

My symptoms are completely different this time and I can't help comparing! It's funny isn't it, we're all hoping to feel as rubbish as possible as it's a good sign lol. Have you got your scan booked yet?

I'm really hoping there will be a scan on the 18th. If not, I can ask the OB-GYN to approve a private scan.

Yeah, I'm either feeling queasy/hungry/gross or feeling fine and panicking. :wacko:

I'm approx 6 weeks pregnant, some days nauseous, sick some days normal, feeling really panicked about this pregnancy that it will be ok

I've booked a private scan for November 28th to set my mind at ease also because midwife said my 12 week scan will be more like 13-14 was because of Christmas!

Good luck everyone!

I'm really hoping there will be a scan on the 18th. If not, I can ask the OB-GYN to approve a private scan.

Yeah, I'm either feeling queasy/hungry/gross or feeling fine and panicking. :wacko:

Where are you from? Can you not book a private scan without it being approved?

I'm approx 6 weeks pregnant, some days nauseous, sick some days normal, feeling really panicked about this pregnancy that it will be ok

I've booked a private scan for November 28th to set my mind at ease also because midwife said my 12 week scan will be more like 13-14 was because of Christmas!

Good luck everyone!

I've bit the bullet and booked a private scan for the 29th November! My first midwife appointment is 21st Nov and I highly doubt id get an NHS scan this side of Christmas! I just need to put my mind at rest that there's a baby in there and all is OK with it x

Where are you from? Can you not book a private scan without it being approved?

I live in the U.S. There are plenty of private ultrasound services, some more basic and some 3D/4D, but all the ones I've ever seen have required a physician's order. I think they want to know you're already under a doctor's care so they aren't in the position of offering medical treatment or advice. I wish I could book a private scan on my own!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->