Does anyone else feel really anxious?

AC81

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
Since I found out that the baby is breech I have been really anxious and I don't quite know why. For some (really stupid) reason I googled breech babies and read all sorts of stuff about why babies can be in the breech position and now I've got myself all worked up. I keep thinking that something is going to happen and I'm not actually going to get my baby, or that something will be terribly wrong when I do.

I was just wondering if anyone else feels like this - is it normal to be axious toward the end? I'm angry at myself that I'm not enjoying these last few precious weeks, but rather I'm spending the time full of worry, doubt and fear. I've just finished work, so I should be relaxing and putting my feet up and looking forward to everything. I keep reading about mothers instincts and how they are right - but I hope that I'm just being over paranoid about things.

Googling stuff is such a bad idea! Sorry for rambling on - hope you girls can help xxx

STAY AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!!!!!

Seriously hun, why not give your midwife a call to talk this over? After all, that's what she's there for...to help you with stuff like this.
I don't know anything really about breech babies, but......my friend had a little girl born breech (vaginal birth) 3 months ago - and the little girl is fine! She had a teeny problem with her hips after the birth, but is absolutely fine now.

Don't panic about this.....try & talk to your mw or GP or someone other than google (!!)....I'm sure they can reassure you so you can go back to enjoying your time off work.

xxxx

Seriously hun, why not give your midwife a call to talk this over? After all, that's what she's there for...to help you with stuff like this.
I don't know anything really about breech babies, but......my friend had a little girl born breech (vaginal birth) 3 months ago - and the little girl is fine! She had a teeny problem with her hips after the birth, but is absolutely fine now.

Don't panic about this.....try & talk to your mw or GP or someone other than google (!!)....I'm sure they can reassure you so you can go back to enjoying your time off work.

xxxx

Yeah, I've left her messages, but she doesn't phone back!! Its a nightmare trying to get in touch with her - once she found out I was breech she didn't bother even booking any further appointments with me. When I saw the consultant he said that a natural delivery was out of the question for the type of breech that bubba is.

xxxx

I had a breech vaginal birth with my daughter (undiagnosed breech) so sympathize with the whole breech thing! Please talk to your consultant for reassurance hun rather than google. Don't scare yourself chick. As for your MW, she should really still support and reassure you despite you being consultant led now. I think that's bad of her!!! She should return your calls really! xxx

Welshgirl your friend is VERY lucky that her little girl is fine now only 3 months down the line. That's lovely to hear! My daughter's hip was dislocated from being breech and we had no end of trouble with the whole thing but 3.5 years down the line and you'd never know she ever had a problem! x

I'm not feeling anxious as such yet but things are starting to play on my mind a little!!

and STOP googling hun, its not good for you!!

thanks ladies! my midwife actually phoned me back this afternoon and is coming to my house tomorrow for a chat. I think I am just being over paranoid - I need to learn to relax!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->