does anyone else find this frustrating

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Danielle, Dec 18, 2009.

1. Danielle

Danielle Well-Known Member

my LO has bin poorly for about 4 months now with a mayjorlhy bad cough n cold and i went to the doctors twice and got nothing they just said its viral, went the 3rd time and saw a diff doctor and got an inhailer, why do some doctors not do anything im going back again next week cuz its got worse, just want to make sure it hasnt turned into an infection

2. mum2bee

mum2bee mother of 1

thats what all doctors say when they dont know what something is! a viral infection!

3. baby D

baby D Joshua and Amelia x

Snap xxx Very annoying!

4. Abz1982

Abz1982 Mum to 2 nutters!

I am hoping to take Emma on monday as she still has her cough. Since she has been bright I have left it to see if it clears and it hasnt.

5. MrsRH

MrsRH Well-Known Member

a virus IS an infection but I know what you mean, I think! in case baby need antibiotics.

Unfortunately most cough and colds are viral and there's nothing you can give apart from calpol and TLC! That's why doctors say viral because most likley it is!! And you can't really test for the millinion and oine virusus about.

Babes at this age (under one) and at this time of year seem to have colds all the time. Frustrating!

But keeo your chin up and watch for the sign of something more serious (the GP should have told you)

Not feeding
    Not weeign as much
    Temp that wont go down with medication
    Rapid difficult breathing.

good luck hun, hope your baby better soon
    xxx

6. hypnorm

hypnorm Well-Known Member

i had this problem with ewan when ever i took him in with a cold and a cough they would say viral, but then i would end up going back in a couple of days seeing anothe doctor because he now had a chest infection! the same doctor has done it 3 times now so i refuse to see her.