does anyone else get emotional like PMS around ovulation?

jen379

Reaction score
i use to only get emotional around AF time, but it seems that around the time of ovulation i'm noticing that the tears just start falling over the slightest of things. this is really just within the last few cycles that i've noticed this craziness. driving to work and i get all misty about things i don't often think about. reminds me of PMS but it's not. any guesses anyone? good or bad fluctuation of hormones?? or does it just mean i'm getting closer to menopause at 42 yo?

Ive no answers i'm afraid but i get that around ov time too.

Hi jen. With what I'm learning about hormone imbalance (specifically estrogen dominance/low progesterone), it makes me wonder if that's what you're dealing with. I know weepiness was definitely a part of the slew of symptoms that were presenting with me. Once I started taking steps to get my estrogen in check and increase my progesterone I'm feeling so, so, so much better :) . Will be ordering bio-identical/natural progesterone soon as well. Maybe start checking it out and see if anything lines up for you? Here's a post I did in TTCAL that might be helpful if you end up researching hormonal imbalance and such. I hope you get things figured out!

Hi jen. With what I'm learning about hormone imbalance (specifically estrogen dominance/low progesterone), it makes me wonder if that's what you're dealing with. I know weepiness was definitely a part of the slew of symptoms that were presenting with me. Once I started taking steps to get my estrogen in check and increase my progesterone I'm feeling so, so, so much better :) . Will be ordering bio-identical/natural progesterone soon as well. Maybe start checking it out and see if anything lines up for you? Here's a post I did in TTCAL that might be helpful if you end up researching hormonal imbalance and such. I hope you get things figured out!

thanks sweetpotato, i know i'm dealing with hormonal imbalances. i have taken prog cream and have overdone it b/c naturopath/accup recommended i take everyday during cycle due to having endo, which is estrog driven. so maybe i need to go back to it full cycle and see what happens. last time i used all cycle, AF was late a couple of days. guess not necessarily bad if just a couple of days just not my normal. i can't seem to find a good balance and feel like i'm guessing all the time.

Ugh, hormonal imbalance is a beyotch ain't it :growlmad: . What kind of progesterone have you been taking? This cycle I started Vitex CD1 and love it :cloud9: . Will add progesterone in at some point, compare how I feel to Vitex alone, then see if slowly weaning off the Vitex in a few months while keeping the progesterone going will keep me balanced. I really don't want to stop the Vitex but haven't decided what to do about mixing the herb with TTC. I know I would get back on it ASAP after birth though and will definitely keep progesterone with me.

Ugh, hormonal imbalance is a beyotch ain't it :growlmad: . What kind of progesterone have you been taking? This cycle I started Vitex CD1 and love it :cloud9: . Will add progesterone in at some point, compare how I feel to Vitex alone, then see if slowly weaning off the Vitex in a few months while keeping the progesterone going will keep me balanced. I really don't want to stop the Vitex but haven't decided what to do about mixing the herb with TTC. I know I would get back on it ASAP after birth though and will definitely keep progesterone with me.

i think it is a bio-identical--it also says advanced liposomal ??? although don't know what that means. i really try to go easy on it b/c the first time i used all month, my breast were so sore and tender. come unglued sore and tender. i've gone back and forth using it whole cycle or just after ov. it does help me as sometimes i experience night sweats, particularly on my chest, but if i use the prog, i sleep comfortably.

i also used vitex for about 4-5 months. i had read that it could lower fsh and started using it for that but i didn't need it for regulating my cycle. it always came regularly. i quit the vitex b/c i developed a cyst, then next month had BFP that ended in mc with blighted ovum. i really liked the vitex but not sure if it was right for me. i hope you get results you're looking for.

are you struggling with just hormonal balance and want to use vitex for that or other things?

I've got all kinds of cycle issues I'm working on including menorrhagia. I've never had an issue with it going back to the length it tends to stay at (around 26-28 days) but the excessive bleeding and clotting, PMDD, and quite a few other issues I'm trying to get in check. AF should be here either tomorrow or the day after so FX for more regulated bleeding. I believe I've had hormonal imbalance likely since I began menstruating but after I had my first m/c last year it's gone off the deep end. Wasn't able to get pg for 5 or 6 months after the first m/c (after never having issues before) then lost that pregnancy too. Now I'm working on straightening out my hormones before we try again as I believe that's at the root of this secondary infertility I've got going on here. Vitex is really doing some amazing things for me and I just loooooove it :D .

I've got all kinds of cycle issues I'm working on including menorrhagia. I've never had an issue with it going back to the length it tends to stay at (around 26-28 days) but the excessive bleeding and clotting, PMDD, and quite a few other issues I'm trying to get in check. AF should be here either tomorrow or the day after so FX for more regulated bleeding. I believe I've had hormonal imbalance likely since I began menstruating but after I had my first m/c last year it's gone off the deep end. Wasn't able to get pg for 5 or 6 months after the first m/c (after never having issues before) then lost that pregnancy too. Now I'm working on straightening out my hormones before we try again as I believe that's at the root of this secondary infertility I've got going on here. Vitex is really doing some amazing things for me and I just loooooove it :D .

sweetpotatopi is that your temping chart for this month? i'm a novice at temping but i think it looks really good.

i'm so sorry about your mmc's. it is so hard. i've had two myself. quite devastating. :hugs:

hopefully vitex will help and you will get your bfp soon!

Thank you jen. I'm sorry you've had to walk that road as well :hugs: . And yes, that is the sweetest chart this cycle, I love it lol. Haven't had a cycle come anywhere close to being this nice in a loooooong, long time. AF should be here in full swing tomorrow and hoping she's mellowed out! Then hoping to see if the mid-cycle spotting will keep its distance this go around.

i use to only get emotional around AF time, but it seems that around the time of ovulation i'm noticing that the tears just start falling over the slightest of things. this is really just within the last few cycles that i've noticed this craziness. driving to work and i get all misty about things i don't often think about. reminds me of PMS but it's not. any guesses anyone? good or bad fluctuation of hormones?? or does it just mean i'm getting closer to menopause at 42 yo?

Oh, hormones - don't you love the little bleeders:wacko:.
I am also 42 and I know that over the last couple of years everything to do with my cycle has altered. I also started up on vitex over a year ago to combat the craziness (no probs with regularity) and ended up with a BFP and unfortunately a MMC in February this year.
I gave the Vitex a rest for a while, but I swear I felt pregnant every month after the MMC - sore breasts, terrible nausea, dizzy and even crazy veins all over my torso. Now I back on the V and starting to feel normal again.
I am sure that it was the fluctuations of hormones making me feel the way I did - even though tests came back normal???

I am also 42 and I know that over the last couple of years everything to do with my cycle has altered. I also started up on vitex over a year ago to combat the craziness (no probs with regularity) and ended up with a BFP and unfortunately a MMC in February this year.
I gave the Vitex a rest for a while, but I swear I felt pregnant every month after the MMC - sore breasts, terrible nausea, dizzy and even crazy veins all over my torso. Now I back on the V and starting to feel normal again.
I am sure that it was the fluctuations of hormones making me feel the way I did - even though tests came back normal???

Hi Clizard! I am so very sorry for your loss. it is so very heartbreaking.

do you mind if i ask how long you were on the vitex? i was on it for about 5 mos last yr, got bfp and it ended in mc as well. i was only taking it (so i thought) to lower fsh. read somewhere it would help?????????

do you mind if i ask how long you were on the vitex? i was on it for about 5 mos last yr, got bfp and it ended in mc as well. i was only taking it (so i thought) to lower fsh. read somewhere it would help?????????

Hi Jen, thanks for your support and the same for you - it always helps to know that you are not alone.
I think it was around 2 months on the V before the BFP. I had been suffering from really horrible PMS - something I had never had to deal with, and from O to AF I was really noticing the ups and downs. Started to think I was going crazy, but after some research into estrogen dominance I decided to try the V. For me it worked a treat at combating the swings - emotional and physical.
Strangely enough the month I discovered I was PG, I was convinced that the symptoms were in-fact peri-menopause, until I rang my Diabetes doc (I am type 1 - 5 injections a day) and she told me to test!

Hi Jen, thanks for your support and the same for you - it always helps to know that you are not alone.
I think it was around 2 months on the V before the BFP. I had been suffering from really horrible PMS - something I had never had to deal with, and from O to AF I was really noticing the ups and downs. Started to think I was going crazy, but after some research into estrogen dominance I decided to try the V. For me it worked a treat at combating the swings - emotional and physical.
Strangely enough the month I discovered I was PG, I was convinced that the symptoms were in-fact peri-menopause, until I rang my Diabetes doc (I am type 1 - 5 injections a day) and she told me to test!

oh yes, the estrogen dominance. i should read up on that one again. my naturopath says i probably have it since i have been dx w/endometriosis. maybe that is why i can't get off that couch after ov. last wk, it was the worst i have ever experienced. all i could do to get myself home after work. he suggested i balance mine with progesterone cream, but this month, after few days of using, sparingly, my breasts have become ridiculously tender. one other time i experienced this soreness, he told me i had used too much. ughhhh! i can't ever get it right!:wacko:

this incredible sluggishness has led me to clean up my diet and i hope i reap some benefits next month...

i hope the vitex evens out those swings and you get bfp soon!. don't give up because are absolutely not alone. so much support here. i wished i had joined sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->