Does anyone else have a child...

leeanne

Mom of 3 and Stepmom of 2
Reaction score
that's a nightowl like my son. When he was born, he slept a lot for the first 3 weeks and then, that was it. He'd have 10 minute power naps throughout the day and would be up til midnight. And, then, of course, the middle of the night feedings.

And at 5 he still is up until 10-11 every night. It was worse when he had naps but that's been about a year since he's had one. If he falls asleep at 8 pm, you'd think he'd be out for the night. Nope. He awakens at 10 or so and is then up until 1 am

There's not much I can do but it certainly is tough to have quality time with OH, especially when I am so tired at 10.

Mines exactly the same. He's 6. He was up while 10 last night, then came back downstairs again at 12, we sent him down again, and he was up again at 6. I love him to bits, but he's a pain in the arse sometimes.

Thank God I am not the only one. I was thinking I was a bad mom. LOL

They say kids need about 12 hours of sleep at this age. I guess some kids just need less than others.

He's absolutely fine no matter how much sleep he has. I think he'd never go to bed if i allowed it!!

LOL! Mine too.

My daughter is so much like me. She's a morning person and she tells me when she is tired at night.

My son takes after his daddy....a night owl and so not a morning person. LOL

Exactly same here, maybe it's more down to nature than nuture!!

nicole is abit like that. Not so much now. she doesnt wake up through the nite anymore but you think that if you put her to bed abit later on (during school hols & at wkends) she'll sleep abit longer, but oh no, she'll get up even earlier. And if she has a 5min catnap, thats her awake for rest of the night. She's been like that since she was born. Never needed much sleep!!!

Mikey is like that. He'll stay up all night if we let him. I have to put him to bed at 8pm and let him moan for a bit, some times he plays but he does go to sleep eventually.

nicole is abit like that. Not so much now. she doesnt wake up through the nite anymore but you think that if you put her to bed abit later on (during school hols & at wkends) she'll sleep abit longer, but oh no, she'll get up even earlier. And if she has a 5min catnap, thats her awake for rest of the night. She's been like that since she was born. Never needed much sleep!!!

Is she in kindergarten or grade 1?

I am thinking that once Jayden hits Grade 1 and is in for full days, perhaps his sleeping habits might change.

My oldest son who is 9 now has never slept throughout since the day he was born.

When he was born the only time he would sleep was when in someone's arms and as soon as we put him down he was wide awake again.

Now hes still awake at 11pm and wakens up during the night and says he cant sleep as hes not tired, but eventually drops off again about 2 hours later. Then is up at 6am every morning.

Wow, you definitely have a night owl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->