Does anyone else have an AWFUL due date ....

mom and ttc

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong my husband and i are over the moon!!! we have been trying for so long...
however, my husband is in the navy, and we are moving 3 weeks before my due date from FL to HI :D:D
not possible at all, my doc surely won't let me fly ... but we need to prepare the move and we wont have a home when we move since we wanna move into housing and waiting lists are 6 weeks long.
it is soon, but we need to talk to our doc to maybe induce me 2 weeks early to start making plans .... i am so freaking out about the dates ...
first scan on tuesday

eeek what a difficult situation. I wouldn't have thought being induced would be your best option though. You need to think about other ways.

Could your husband go befor you and you move a few weeks after?
Could your husband take leave and move later?
Could you both go earlier?

You may have already thought of these, i really don't think its a good idea to be induced just so that you can move. I might be wrong though.

good luck

It seems silly but I'm kinda bummed my little one is going to have a summer birthday like my OH and myself. His is June 12, mine July 6. Little one is due June 19 (kinda cool because it's between our birthdays). I always hated having a summer birthday, as did my OH. It's no fun when your little. Our teachers never celebrated summer birthdays. Everyone brought in treats for theirs. Us? Nothing :(

babybrums, I never thought of a summer birthday not being good! I can see your point though. Mine is right after Christmas and people would always forget because of the holidays or they wouldn't buy me something "because they spent all their money at Christmas" :dohh:. It was not fair! So I made a point of not TTC too hard when the due date would fall right at Christmas :haha:

eeek what a difficult situation. I wouldn't have thought being induced would be your best option though. You need to think about other ways.

Could your husband go befor you and you move a few weeks after?
Could your husband take leave and move later?
Could you both go earlier?

You may have already thought of these, i really don't think its a good idea to be induced just so that you can move. I might be wrong though.

good luck

no its a deploy able command ... he wont come back from a tad trip until the day of his check out ... cant go later or earlier. i want him there for the birth. i know my doc induced 7 days early w/o question ... every pregnancy. i didnt do it last time, i got induced the day after my due date ... and i want to be induced again.

It seems silly but I'm kinda bummed my little one is going to have a summer birthday like my OH and myself. His is June 12, mine July 6. Little one is due June 19 (kinda cool because it's between our birthdays). I always hated having a summer birthday, as did my OH. It's no fun when your little. Our teachers never celebrated summer birthdays. Everyone brought in treats for theirs. Us? Nothing :(

Hahah I thought about that too. Our due date is July 18. But then I thought about it more, and it doesn't really matter WHEN they're born. We should just be happy that they are born healthy! I'm a winter baby myself (December birthday) and I never liked it because it was mixed in with all the holidays. I don't think it matters. You can hate having a summer birthday or winter birthday.

i dont like the summer due date either, my dd is born in march ... my husband and i both in Dec. my mc was due feb ... would have been perfect. like you said will never celcrate in school. and most kids will be on vacation for his/her party

My son has a christmas time bday so we do it 2 weeks before christmas so no one forgets him lol and as for summer bdays now they have your child bring treats on their half bday or the last week of school :) So no worries guys :) Bring on some healthy summer babies!

Don't get me wrong my husband and i are over the moon!!! we have been trying for so long...
however, my husband is in the navy, and we are moving 3 weeks before my due date from FL to HI :D:D
not possible at all, my doc surely won't let me fly ... but we need to prepare the move and we wont have a home when we move since we wanna move into housing and waiting lists are 6 weeks long.
it is soon, but we need to talk to our doc to maybe induce me 2 weeks early to start making plans .... i am so freaking out about the dates ...
first scan on tuesday

I'm sure your dr can figure out something :)

My DD is an August baby, she takes in treats for her classmates on the last day of school! I'm september and always wanted a summer birthday so i didn't have to go to school on my birthday :haha:

I'm June 24th which is an ok date, just hope baby stays put until i pass my Son's 1st Angelversary, thats the only date i want to avoid, that and June 9th anything else is fine by me as long as baby is healthy x

I'm due the day before my son's birthday, which isn't ideal as knowing my luck I will go into labour on his birthday, but oh well.

I find it really shocking that you would be induced early to move!

You expose yourself and your baby to so many risks doing this.

we're in the navy and moving to hawaii also! :) we leave next month though so theres no problem with the due date. i hope things go smoothly for you guys. at least he wont be deployed!!! i feel so bad for my friends who have to go through that :/

I'm due the day before my son's birthday, which isn't ideal as knowing my luck I will go into labour on his birthday, but oh well.

I find it really shocking that you would be induced early to move!

You expose yourself and your baby to so many risks doing this.
it is not just because i want to move. i have no family here, nobody ... evrybody lives at least 12 hrs away. my husband does not have a 9 to 5 job or can take vacation when he pleases to...
most likely, i will be moving our stuff, due all the paperwork, somehow get the dogs to hawaii whch is a pain ... have a toddler and 39 weeks pregnant, but since my husband is in the military i dont have a choice. you are full term at 37 weeks...and then i would not even move right away, my husband would fly there after the baby was born, check into his command, find a house ... and i fly with 2 dogs a newborn and a 2 yr old by myself.
to me well worth it, you know why ... because it is better then to not know what to do with my 2 yr old while i give birth by myself. sucks sometimes if your husband give his whole life to a country

I'd take any due date on earth to be given a living baby.

I will be grateful for what I get if I am ever lucky enough to get to full term.

mom and ttc.... totally unrelated to due dates but have you gotten the checklist of everything you have to do for the dogs? it really is a pain, but make sure you get it all done way before you go. especially that blood sample that has to be mailed off to KSU. i just finished it all with my one and it truly is a pain. i dont know why everyone likes to be negative on these posts... this is a place for support. i dont always agree with everyone either, but none of us are in the other person's shoes.

I am almost the same situation...I am in the CG and My out date is 01 AUG 12. Our DD is 19JUL12. I am taking terminal leave after May so we are moving our whole family, DH, Two kids two dogs (large) two farrets, two beta fish ( I hope the survive the trip). I know I have the optionj to wait here and have the baby here but we have no family here at all and the Idea of having our baby at home aroud our family sounds too good to be true. Isnt there anything he can do about taking extended leave or asking his comand to change the dates, that would be nice for you....GL Honey...

mom and ttc.... totally unrelated to due dates but have you gotten the checklist of everything you have to do for the dogs? it really is a pain, but make sure you get it all done way before you go. especially that blood sample that has to be mailed off to KSU. i just finished it all with my one and it truly is a pain. i dont know why everyone likes to be negative on these posts... this is a place for support. i dont always agree with everyone either, but none of us are in the other person's shoes.

started the process last week ... takes a total of 7 months ... such a pain. i am them to vet on the AFB ... 25 miles away but our vet told me, "they are not comfortable doing the process, bc they dont really understand what to do "

I am almost the same situation...I am in the CG and My out date is 01 AUG 12. Our DD is 19JUL12. I am taking terminal leave after May so we are moving our whole family, DH, Two kids two dogs (large) two farrets, two beta fish ( I hope the survive the trip). I know I have the optionj to wait here and have the baby here but we have no family here at all and the Idea of having our baby at home aroud our family sounds too good to be true. Isnt there anything he can do about taking extended leave or asking his comand to change the dates, that would be nice for you....GL Honey...

we already extented for 3 months ... a few months back ... we will figure it out somehow

I think you can fly up until 36 weeks. Could you leave for Hawaii a week early and have the baby there?

My due date is my Grandpa's birthday. It's also the day I buried my Dad this year :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->