"Does anyone else not test early" Refugee Club

Wow Annio you have some big babies in your family! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Baby1 how are you doing? You're getting so close to the end now!

Hi all! Hope you had a lovely holiday time?
We don't celebrate Xmas so I normally do a shift at the hospital so that those that do can stay at home but this year I had the day off so we went up to see DH's family. Turned into a bit of a disaster though as one by one we all came down with a vomiting bug... Obviously not good at this stage of pregnancy. Tried my best but couldn't keep down fluids and started getting contractions so by boxing day was admitted for IV fluids for 2 days! Drama over and back home now though! Apart from that have been doing pretty well, just the usual hip and back pain and tiredness to be expected. Definitely getting ready to meet the little man! I have a scan on 8th Jan to see what has happened to my low lying placenta, we'll get a decision that day as to whether I can go for natural delivery or if it has to be a section. Really hoping I can go natural but whatever is safest for us is obviously more important. Not too long to go now!!! :flower:

Happy to hear you're feeling better now baby1!! I was terrified of getting sick while pregnant. Good luck with your scan this week! Fingers crossed you will get to have a natural delivery!

My little mans bottom two teeth just popped through today! I can't believe he already has teeth. Make me sad how fast this is all going by. I look at my girls and I just wish I could slow time down just a little bit!

Wow teeth?! Time does go fast!
Good news at my 36 week scan, placenta has moved so no need for an elective section which I'm over the moon about. Now not to get too worried about labour!! :haha:

That's great news baby1!! So happy for you! And don't worry about labor. Coming from someone who has really really long painful labors just remember it can only go on for so long and it's really true what they say that as soon as baby is out the pain is gone and you forget all about it. Hopefully you'll have a quick easy labor though! Either way you'll get to meet your little man soon!

Hi everyone :)

Time does definatwly go fast more babies!... You'll be feeding solids soon! I can't believe how big Kate has got. Although I love the little baby stage I'm actually looking forward to the crawling/walking stage as my ds is a bit boisterous with her sometimes so it'll be nice when shes a bit tougher haha!

Baby1 Im glad you don't have to have a section :)... Not long now eek!

Hi everyone, how are you all? I'm well and truly on the home stretch here… Have been having lots of cramping and tightenings and back pain for the last few days. Nothing regular yet, but the midwife today seems hopeful that things might happen very soon. I see her again next week at 40+1 when will starts sweeps. So may not post again until my little man is here, wish me luck everyone! :haha:

I was thinking about you today but I've had such a busy day so no time to post till now. It's so great to hear things are going well and it definitely sounds like things are gearing up for your little mans arrival. I can't wait for your updates and I will keep my fingers crossed for a nice quick labor! Good luck!!!! :dust:

My little man will be 6 months old tomorrow! DH and I were just laying in bed talking about how fast it's all gone by. It's such a bittersweet thing! He is one amazing little boy though :cloud9:

I hope everyone else is doing well!! :flower:

nnnngh. it depends whether I have slept or not! If I haven't - OMG BADLY!
If I have, yeah she's v cute. I'm never doing it again though! :o She's just learnt to clap which is super cute! :D Next time though, I'm getting a pet :D

Well I'm in the overdue club :haha: :coffee:
Had some bloodstained discharge on sun night which got me all excited and then have lost my plug over the last few days...
Had a sweep on Tuesday where cervix was favourable and 1cm dilated, loads of pains afterwards so got excited again but again nothing!
Then he keeps giving me a little sign that he's coming, I'll start having contractions 10-15 mins apart for an hour or so but then they always stop... Last lot was 3am and I wasn't happy with him! :wacko:
I tend to wake up in the morning with a chilled out 'he'll come when he wants' attitude but by the evenings I'm fed up!
Next sweep is Friday and they'll book my induction then too as consultant only wants me to go 10 days over.
Hopefully have more news soon! :flower:

Aww I saw you had updated and got exited that your little man had arrived. Aside from losing the plug, all the mini periods of contractions sounds like my week or two leading up to my labor. I went two weeks early but the pregnancy was so painful toward the end I had been ready for it to be over for a while. Anyways, hopefully he decides to make an appearance soon!! Looking forward to hearing all about it! Good luck!

Noooo I thought there would be a baby post! :lol:

I've just popped on hoping for baby news. Fingers crossed that lack of posting is in fact news and if not then hope he comes soon. Good luck!

Hope everyone else is doing ok too.

Good guess Annio! Rufus Samuel arrived at 41+2 at 05:17 this morning, weighing 8 pounds 2 ounces. Feeling battered and bruised and glorious all in one go haha! Will post pics and birth story when I can :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->