"Does anyone else not test early" Refugee Club

plastikpony

Reaction score
For those of us over in TTC who would never have survived without the AWESOME ladies in the "Does anyone else not test early?" thread, a place to rant and rave and be excited about our pregnancies (EEEEEK!!!) without bringing down the fabulous ladies who are still trying (and will join us later)!!

And for anyone else who is amazing and wants to join us :happydance:

Woo hoo! :)
So how is everyone getting along? Things I assume are going along ok for me (no indication they aren't, plenty of grotty indications to suggest they are), but I do really hope my total indifference goes away soon :( If I start to worry that something isn't right, I do start to worry a bit but otherwise, atm, I'm just - not fussed :\

Am also wondering when is a good point to start pestering about 12 week scan dates. My poor hb has been horribly ill lately and so he could do with a LOT of warning of when the scan will be, so he can legitimately take the time off work, and not get any more aggro from there for being off :\ What do UK people think?

Afraid I can't help you with that one JustMe! I have no idea how things work over there :haha:

It feels weird to me that life has just carried on while I'm stuck in this "really? I'm actually pregnant??!" space. Was so weird that all these months I've been waiting for some hint of a line on these tests, and when I finally got it I didn't believe it. At first.

So are you having morning sickness at all? What other symptoms do you have and when did they start?

Oh, and check out my signature!!! :D

I'm trying to remember when ours came through. Are you opting for the NT Scan? If so it's worth keeping in mind that can't do that one any later than 13+6 (we were literally on the day, and they weren't sure if it would be possible). If you're just having the ordinary scan it might be a little earlier than that.

My midwife appointment was at 10 weeks I think (in fact thinking back it might have been 9 weeks, due to 10 weeks falling on some bank holiday). She booked the hospital for us and sent off for the scan. Now I can't remember the day the letter came through but I do remember my partner pestering and asking me to call to find out what had happened to it. Something tells me it came through at something like 12 weeks for 13+6 (and we were gutted it was so late). That said the later the scan the better your little one will look on the pictures so it's not all bad.

So all in all I think we maybe got a week, 2 weeks notice of the scan.

LOL I just sneezed and got a massive kick. She doesn't seem to like loud sounds, she always gives me a good hard kick when the alarm goes off in the morning. :)

I LOVE your sig! :D Hehehehehehehe, it still does totally express how I feel so I'm very happy with it :)

I actually felt fine to start with, bar achy sore bbs (the duvet hurt when it hit them...). About 2 weeks ago (so 6 weeks) I felt like death warmed up and since then I've not been able to face most food (bye bye healthy eating) or exercise (as I've felt so nauseous!). I haven't actually been sick but it's combined really unfortunately with my poor hb being really ill too! :(

I now seem to be hitting a less nauseous but really have to eat IMMEDIATELY or I do feel sick stage. I am hopeful of regaining vegetables and exercise! :o :) Hopeful but not confident ;)

Basically if you start to feel like a wuss, it really is just hormones, rather than you've become a wuss. I feel a bit mugged by my body tbh :p

And BIG HUGS re the stupid world not getting excited. It's very annoying! WE'RE excited though! And so are you and hb!

Only the really hard ones, just because they take you by surprise really. Generally it just feels like a muscle spasm, like the kind you'd get in your leg? I was worried it would feel uncomfortable or hurt but you kind of get used to it. :)

Hahaha!! Wow, I've never really thought about how that's going to feel!

JustMe, I haven't felt much up to now execpt for the sore bbs! They are SO bloody sore that they wake me up when I roll over at night. Poor DH was so sweet, everytime I rolled over last night he asked me if I was feeling ok. Love that man to bits!!

Well, I called my gynae's office, and the receptionist said that doctor likes to see his newly preggers patients at 6 weeks, so I have an appointment for 8 August nice and early in the morning. I'll be 6 weeks and a few days then. Perfect timing coz he goes away on leave on 9 August!!! Not sure if you can actually see anything on a scan at 6 weeks. He always does those internal ones (ugh) so I guess only time will tell!

In the meantime my horse is going on holiday. Luckily she's nice and young so a good long holiday will only do her good. Going out to the stables later to feed her carrots and cuddle a bit

The scan I had at 6 weeks was an internal one, plastik. You'll see very little but they'll check for the sac and fetal pole. We were quite lucky as we could see her heart beat at that stage but that's not always guaranteed at 6 weeks, so don't worry too much if you don't. The heartbeat just looked like a little light going on and off, it was very strange. But you couldn't see the rest of her at all, just the light. In contrast by 13/14 weeks she looked like a little potato baby with arms! :haha: My boyfriend's first reaction was "oh cool she looks like an alien baby now" ... :wacko: We didn't get a picture at the 6 week one as it was an emergency and there was just nothing to look at but I've attached 13+4 and 20 so you can see what a drastic difference a few weeks makes. Can't wait for Friday to roll around as we're going to finally book our 4D scan!

Attachments

• 546294_10150859019691019_288049304_n.jpg
    546294_10150859019691019_288049304_n.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 198353_10151049499196019_270351293_n.jpg
    198353_10151049499196019_270351293_n.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2
Awww, Panda she is gorgeous!!!! I hope we get to where you are without any trouble! I've got a friend who's had two miscarriages in the last 9 months, so I'm a bit scared about things going wrong. Just got to hope and pray and be good I guess! And come to think of it, my DH's first words when he saw the second line on the test was "oh sh1t". :haha: :haha: I'm pretty sure he meant it in a good way :D

JustMe, did I see on the other thread that your appointment in on the 9th? Lol! So weird! I wanted mine on that day but that's when the gynae is going on leave! We'll have lots of good news for this thread that week!!!

Mine is just a booking in appt. No scan or anything as hb isn't coming along (so any suggestions of scans or heartbeats will be refused!), scan will be end of august I imagine :)
We're Nearly bump buddies, only a few weeks out!

I couldn't care less how many weeks out we are, I wanna be your bump buddy anyway!!!! :hugs: :hugs2: :hugs: :hugs2:

Hello!
Yay! I'm so so pleasled you started this thread! I'm still feeling completely lost in the first tri board and it's nearly time to move to 2nd tri! I think I remember feeling like this last time, but 2nnd tri boards were heap better.
I've missed you girls though! I've hardly been coming on BnB cos I had noone to talk to! hehe!
Plastik, I'm sooo pleased for you!! YAY!!!

I'm beginning to come out of the otherside of the utter exhaustion and sickness, still taking antisickness tablets though. I felt the first few flutters yesterday, can't wait for them to turn into proper little prods and pokes, and then kicks! When I first felt DD move inside me it was like someone was tickling me really gently. It made me jump a lot!! and giggle!

xxxx

Agreed Iow. I tried moving to 3rd tri a week or so early because I found 2nd tri just stopped being relevant to me. But then 3rd tri is just "this is it" and "is this my plug?". They're fascinating to read but so far ahead of where I am. So I too feel in limbo, I never really found another group I wanted to chat with so much.

Dear lord, apparently yesterday I was HUNGRY and today I am HUNGRYYYYY too - am currently sitting at work wondering if I could possibly get away with phoning for some pizza delivery.... (cheese free and vegetarian so not TOO unhealthy...)
;)
Nnngh, feel like I may have to eat a PERSON if I don't get something else soon! :o (and yet all I have right now is fruit - and some bread, I might try that...)

Apparently my poor hb has had food poisoning! We had the council on the phone yesterday working out where he had been before he got it so they could try and track the source! :o

Oh! AND I phoned the midwife to try and book a scan date and was absolutely refused. Was told that it could only be booked at my booking appt and if I couldn't make that date, to phone and change it. After explaining that hb needs a LOT of notice to get out of work, got a very snotty response of 'well it's all about your priorities isn't it'. Told her off for that as it has nothing to do with priorities, just work...! Plus I need notice as I see my boss once a week max, and as work doesn't yet know I am pg, I am not going to be giving this as a reason I need the time off...!

Do they seem like they're being unreasonable compared to other peoples experiences? Surely everyone can't be able to drop their life at 2 weeks notice to come to an appt? I am hoping that if it comes down to it, me refusing to come to a scan until hb can come to, will help make them more accomodating... ? :\

Justme: are you in the UK? if you are, can you phone the xray dept at your local hospital and make the appointment direct with them?

I think it's what you said, they literally expect you to drop everything. The scan appointment is for you, not your partner - at least that's the way they see it. My partner's work were quite understanding and let him take the mornings for the scan and work the hours missed back on other days. But they would have been within their rights to refuse or even refuse holiday at short notice. They have a rule at his place that you can't take holiday on the same day as anyone else as it's such a small department. I think it's disgusting personally, hardly putting families first, is it?

I had to tell my work at 6 weeks because of my scare, I work for my brother so I couldn't just fake an illness. But basically once you tell them you're entitled to take all appointments, so it might be easier, that is if you don't have any other reason not to tell them, to just say it.

As Iow said you could always try the hospital directly but they will want you to see the midwife first I think so she can "book" you in there. But once you have an appointment I'm fairly sure you could just change it and move it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->