"Does anyone else not test early Refugees" Baby Club

Very much so, I lost a lot of weigh and looked fab. However unfortunately once I worked out how to manage a baby and myself I started to eat again lol. I think things are just so busy food can go to the back of your mind. I remember showing up for a new mum's class at noon and being so relieved when they passed biscuits round as I'd completely forgotten to have anything. Try and find 5 minutes though, it's better we function with food if we can, especially true from BFing. BTW your little man is such a cutie, congratulations. I can't believe we all made it here! We got the families we wanted, I'm very grateful for all the support and conversation from you guys. :thumbup: Big hugs! :hugs:

Oh great! So pleased it isnt just me!

Thanks Panda, I also can't believe we all made it this far! I'm so grateful for all of u ladies! Would have lost my sanity long ago if it wasn't for all of u!!

How is everyone getting on? Nimbec, how is your section healing going? I'm feeling fab in that regard. Off pain killers for days already, bleeding has stopped and feeling very close to normal! I've been pleasantly surprised!!

Oh great! So pleased it isnt just me!

Thanks Panda, I also can't believe we all made it this far! I'm so grateful for all of u ladies! Would have lost my sanity long ago if it wasn't for all of u!!

How is everyone getting on? Nimbec, how is your section healing going? I'm feeling fab in that regard. Off pain killers for days already, bleeding has stopped and feeling very close to normal! I've been pleasantly surprised!!

Things are great here. Hadley is becoming really funny now. She's started doing this thing when I lean in to kiss her where she freezes with her mouth open (she thinks that's how to kiss :)), then does a big smile afterwards. Every now and then she just leans in to kiss me (more like dribble on me lol). We bought her a new Lamaze toy at the supermarket yesterday. We hung it from the handle of her seat for the drive home and she spent the entire journey babbling absolute nonsense to it. :) She still looks exactly like Paul but I see a lot of me in her personality. How are things for you now? Are you settling in ok?

Also has anyone heard anything from justmeinlove? I keep coming back to see if she's updated but nothing. Things are so hard the first few weeks. :(

I just came on to see if Justme had been online. Is anyone friends with her on FB?

That's adorable Panda!! So glad things are going well! Hadley sounds just gorgeous!!

Iow, unfortunately not :( Would love to hear from her, really hope things are going better!

AFM, Ethan now weighs 3.67kg! Doing really well on only breastfeeding, it's tiring, but I love it! Little guy had a day or two of being really uncomfortable, going red in the face, pulling up his legs and squirming and making the most awful grunting and groaning noises! Even in his sleep and to the extent he would wake himself up! Seems mostly better now, but I'm convinced its either a bit of reflux or constipation, do I'm off to the paediatrician this morning to check things out (paranoid first time mom syndrome!)

Also, I drove Ethan and myself to the clinic yesterday to weigh him, my first trip on my own after the section, felt really liberating! Feel almost good enough to get back onto my horse, but I promised DH I'd wait until 6 weeks before I do that, so only 4 weeks to go!! :happydance:

Hope she comes back soon. :( I don't have her on facebook. Although that's not such a terrible idea? Do you ladies fancy swapping FBs? It's ok if not, I know not everyone likes to do that but happy to add you ladies if you don't mind.

That sounds very much like reflux plastik. We've suffered terribly with it and unfortunately our doctor doesn't seem to take it very seriously. Because Hadley is gaining weight they see her as happy and healthy. She is, but it doesn't mean reflux doesn't cause her pain. Your doctors sound like they've been fab all the way through though so you may have a lot more success than us! In the end we've got a special milk that is a lot thicker than regular formula and she seems to keep that down mostly. If you're BFing I *think* they'll give some medication to stop him being in pain with it. If that turns out to be the problem. It's brilliant the BFing is going so well! I'm hoping second time round things are a lot easier for us. Formula is costing us a small fortune!

Happy to hear you're healing so well too. How is Ethan sleeping?

Honestly, I'd love to swap FB's! You can find me under Desiree Pienaar, my profile pic is a silhouette of me and DH from our Maternity shoot I think...

Ladies, my poor Ethan is sick. I took him to Paed thinking I was being over protective mom, was worried about possible reflux or constipation, turns out he had a fever and a sore ear and throat!!! I feel absolutely awful! My poor child is ill and I only had a vague idea that something was wrong.

She thought initially it sounded like colic, although she said it was a bit early for that, the. Examined him and found a red inner ear and throat, congested nose and a fever. I feel like such a shit mom right now! :cry:

Hugs plastik, don't be silly, no way you could know, that's why we have doctors!! U took him and they found out. U rock!!!

Am doing ok...cannot handle sleep deprivation. Am using all available pro help and wishing we had people who could stay for a week or two :-/ taking hb to Dr tmrw as he hasn't slept for 3 nights and I worry.

Winter now 8 lbs and prob adorable if only I didn't have sleep fail!

Fb Amanda Gibbins :-D would love to friend u guys!!!

Oh. What I was trying to say is that I lose it when I haven't slept. Am much more ok when I have but still really want her to get older faster as days of just baby food, clean and crying suck!!! Even with a daily walk around block with a pram......

Has it got to be 6 weeks before you drive Justme? I've got friends who were driving much sooner after getting the ok from their doctor and insurance. I'm hoping to be driving after 3 weeks too

I was allowed to drive at 4 weeks. Glad to hear from you Justme :) sorry I'm not on here much, but I have a couple of groups I'm in on FB and am much better at keeping in touch on there when I have limited internet time!

I'm Katie Adams, profile picture is of my little girl with a huge grin, and my cover pic is Noah Bean all wrapped up in a crochet thingy.

Plastik, I found a photography page with a siluette, but no idea if it was you?

oh, justme.... there are heaps of Amanda Gibbens!!!

Sweet sweet internet anonymity ;)
Plus you found me now :D Am really liking being fb friends with you guys! :D

Right found you Iow (request sent from Lisa Hartshorne). Will find everyone else via you lol. :)

I just wanted to pop over and say I hope all of you are doing well with your new babies! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->