• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Does anyone else obsess?

mamato2more

Number 9 on the way
Reaction score
I am sitting at 26 weeks, thinking that I have about another week and a half until my blood volume is at it's max, about double..So, I need to really make sure I am drinking enough, have been for the entire pregnancy, but this is the last chance I have to get it all in...Ok...Gained 18 lbs...Need to gain 40 to have healthy babies...Yes, that last bit is in my head..I just think 40 is a good number, and I also have it engraved in my brain that they will be born at 38 weeks, weighing 7lbs each. Positive thoughts! We will be able to go home within a day or two, and all will be bliss! Positive thoughts!
then, I start wondering...is my iron enough? Should I have it tested just in case? Is this enough? Is that enough?? I am not worried, I am just trying to cover all of my bases, giving the babies the best shot they have...

Constantly obsessing!! I can't wait to be at your stage!! congrats!!

Ok..I still laugh when I see the squishie thing on your sig line! Yeah..I am really wondering if I should get my iron checked just in case, or if I should just really make sure I am getting enough from food/vitamins and not worry about it..hhmmm...I wonder how much iron is in turkey..I know it's super high in protein...

They tested my iron at 28 weeks---routine complete blood count. And yes, if they don't routinely do it, you should have your iron tested. Anemia is common in multiple pregnancies. I ended up extremely anemic and still am. And actually, studies do show that gaining at least 40 is better for multiple pregnancies as well! I gained 41.

You are doing great! Keep up the great work.

Thanks Vineyard! It's so nice to have you here! All of the mom's who have had them already! Have a great trip!

ooohh I havent been really that bad abotu what I have been eating at all - drinking 2l a day and all the food groups etc etc thats about it really.

I have gained 46lbs eekkkk but hey ho - I was a UK size 8 pre pg so I knew i would gain a lot as i used to work out every day and stopped at 6 weeks and didnt adjust my food intake down. Also by babies are boys that are heavier apparently and both in the upper percentile size wise so am hoping that its this that is making the weight gain a lot (ok ok maybe a few more kitkats have been consumed than I ought but hey ho)

I am just crossing my legs to get to 34 weeks as that is the magic number apparently for breathing - although I know some born later do have issues but thats the general info I have received xxxxxxxxxx

Dealing with GD, I'm constantly wondering if I'm eating enough carbs or eating too much carbs. Gained about 35lbs so far. I think I need more fruits and veggies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"