Does anyone else's baby have this much?

Frecks

Reaction score
My lo is 7 weeks and sometimes drains 7oz and still roots like an hour and a half later...iv tried giving him less, I only feed him 5 times a day because a lot of the time when he roots he's just comfort sucking but sometimes he wants more genuinely!xxx

How much does he weigh? I think a general guide is 150ml x weight in kg, is about right (give or take obviously!). You could google and see if there is a 'old school' measurement equivalent

If he's comfort sucking, maybe offer a dummy or teach him to suck his thumb? xx

He's got a dummy but doesn't want to know sometimes, he's 11lb, he sucks his fingers and is getting there with finding his thumb but he gets really cross if he's still hungry xx

Ah bless, maybe just stay with it for now, He's still young and could be going through a growth spurt. These babies certainely do get through a lot of milk! xx

My baby is 6 weeks and having 6oz bottles the health visitor said she was fine as she was gaining weight according to the chart x

Hey frecks. I can't even keep track of how much louie eats ,seems like its all day! I try to keep his feedings smaller (4-5oz) but as the day goes on he eats more and more frequently. Even at night he is up more often lately! Ugh. At 1 month visit he was 10lb 9oz. Not sure at 8 weeks but he is growing fast!

BTW I keep bottles smaller because he seems to spit up a lot with larger amounts.

Leo is 3 weeks 2 days, and has 40oz a day. He's between the 50th and 75th centile and the HV says he is bang on target. He's just a hungry monkey :)

Yes my littler boy was like this for months, only really cut down at 6 months when well onto solids. He did put weight on rapidly but has really slowed down now, some days he would have 12 bottles he was insane! But as of 10 months was just on one bottle at night and thats it, so there is hope Lol x

hey my son is nearly 4months old hes drinking every 3 hours even during the night. hes drinking up to 5 to 6 oz every time we ve put him on baby rice . we give him the baby rice for breakfast dinner and tea but he still drinking the same amount of milk every 3 hours even through out the night and hes not sleep well at all . what can i do ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->