Does anyone ever wish...

cdejdemommy

TTC Baby Three
Reaction score
To get pregnant with multiples?!?!

I could never do it. Period. I have enough of a tough time with two I have being so close in age but I was watching this show last night on TLC called "Multitude of Multiples" and everyone looked like they were handling their babies so well... I don't know how they do it but I've always been fascinated by it... except for the Jon & Kate Plus Eight deal, we know how they do it - THEY don't - ha.

Anyway... I was talking with my cousin a while back when she first found out she was preggo with number 2 and i asked her what she hoped it was and she said "I Hope it's twins, a boy and a girl" ??? OK... crazy person...

Then a girl from my church got pregnant last December... with TRIPLETS. She was so ecstatic and "not the least bit worried" because she "had always hoped for twins or triplets"... well, one became an angel anyway :cry: but I just thought that was crazy that she PREFERRED two - three instead of the traditional one even before she found out she was carrying multiples.

I remember being pregnant with Daniel (my 2nd) and thinking "Maybe it's twins, that would be so cool!" but now after he's here... I'm so glad there's only one of him because he's a double handful!!

Anyway, anyone else have the secret desire to have multiples?

Yep, I would love twins or triplets! :) I come from a big family, and I would like 6 children eventually though I think we'll end up having 4 as OH is from a small family. Twins run in my family though, so fingers crossed!

i have always said i would love twin boys!! i know im crazy :wacko: lol. There is no history of twins in my family though and OH only knows half of his family history. im hoping that that part he doesnt know is full of twins LOL.

I wouldn't hope for it, but if i did get pregnant with twins/triplets i would embrace it. x

Whew six kids huh? You're my hero. Hubby and I think 4 only if I can find 3 manageable. He came from a family of 4 kids and I did too and we think it's the perfect number:

One = lonely
Two = Competition
Three = Middle child will develop some kind of syndrome cause he's not the oldest or the youngest and kids attach some kind of "special-ness" to that.
Four = Perfect.
Anything after that would be fine too I suppose. I think when you start getting up into crazy numbers like 8, 10, 15, um... 19 Like the Duggar Family then there's not going to be a lot of one on one bonding with your children and I think they need that in their lives.

Three = Middle child will develop some kind of syndrome cause he's not the oldest or the youngest and kids attach some kind of "special-ness" to that.

I was a middle child and the oldest and youngest child are treated differently! The middle child is blamed for everything. Lol.

True, but when you get up to numbers like 12 kids, you must get to a stage where you think 'ahhh whats one more, really?' :rofl:

I don't think I could have less than four kids though. I want a really busy house full of children and grandchildren.

I was a middle child and the oldest and youngest child are treated differently! The middle child is blamed for everything. Lol.

eldest always end up being the experiment :rofl: I'm the eldest and I hated it growing up!

I wouldn't hope for it, but if i did get pregnant with twins/triplets i would embrace it. x

I feel the same as you. If I were to find out I was pregnant with multiples I think I too would be ecstatic and scared but I would definitely embrace it! I won't cross my fingers for that or try to alter my body to make it "more fertile" with the hope of conceiving multiples though. My kids are only 14 months apart and they're pretty much acting the same lately, the only difference is my 3 year old has the vocab skills and my almost 2 year old doesn't but other than that - they're into the same things, they want the same things, they eat the same amount of food, they need the same amount of attention, etc. It's almost like having twins only spaced a little.

eldest always end up being the experiment :rofl: I'm the eldest and I hated it growing up!

I agree... I think birth order has a lot to do with how kids turn out in life. I am the oldest of 4 and so is my hubby. We've both discussed how we never felt like we could really get close to our siblings because we felt we were responsible for them. Our parents would always say "You need to set the example" like we could never fail or do anything wrong. In a way, we felt like we had this huge responsibility and we had to make sure everybody was doing everything "right". We were both tattlers and our siblings really didn't like that. We had a tough time relating to the babies of the family especially. Although my youngest sister and I now get along I used to be extremely jealous that she got to be a baby and was super spoiled while by the time I was "her" age I was being told to do this and that.

Middle children do have a hard time finding themselves and I dont' know that I'm quite right by the 4th child fixing that problem either. Both my younger sister and my brother (sister = 2, brother = 3) have self-esteem and social issues while Katie (youngest sister = 4) and I seem pretty well adjusted in comparison. I think it's really just a toss up and a blend of a lot of things.

I think parenting skills come into play a lot. I was not a second or middle child but when Daniel came into this world I had this NEED to make sure that every page of his baby book was written in as well, that he got all of the pictures taken at the same intervals of his life like Christian did, that he felt special and loved and included. I never felt excluded as a child but I know that my sister (2) did and my parents went about things the wrong way. I remember several times them asking her why she couldn't be like me...:nope:
BIG NO NO to me... I will NEVER ask Daniel why he can't be more like Christian or vice versa...

Nope, i wouldn't like multiples. If i was going to have that number of children i would like to enjoy each pregnancy and child with as much time and energy as possible.

We are planning 3 children.
Hubby was the middle child, the only unplanned, the "mistake". He was the spare boy so didn't get either parents name. He doesn't get on with either his older bro or younger sister. His brother is very unsociable and doesn't keep in any kind of regular contact and his sister was always treated differently so theres resentment there.
I was youngest of 2 with 5 years apart but then my dad had another child with a different mum with 9 years between us. My older sister and i don't speak but my younger sister and I get on GREAT! Love her to bits!
With our current family,
Morgan is the eldest, however Amelie has earned our trust much more.
Morgan is special needs and i often wonder if their roles are switched, Amelie being and acting like a first.
I know Amelie will never get left out or blamed for everything but the thing is, it is normally Morgan starting alot of things.
I know she craves attention so we try and make sure we give her it but for the right reasons. And just because shes doing it for attention doesn't mean we can completely ignore whats shes done. Morgan needs to know whats acceptable behavior and that isn't telling her little sister to eat kitty litter - yuk! (Todays drama)
I'm sure the dynamics of our family isn't the norm and i don't know where that would put #3?

I wouldnt mind it. I think it would be amazing. Hard work but amazing.

Me! thats only because i want 4 kids but OH only wants 2. I could only get away with one "accident" so it would be great to have that as twins.

Before any one says that im evil iv told him that were having 2 kids and then 2 "surprises" if he says we cant have any more, so he has been prewarned.

One = lonely
Two = Competition
Four = Perfect.

Im the oldest of 3- any other oldest kids on here used to get the... "you're the oldest, you should know better!" line?!!!

I dont think that 3s a good number to have either- my middle sister is bang in the middle- 4 years each way, and she's always felt pulled in both directions, not knowing where her loyalties lie with us other 2. She's been put in a lot of harsh situations because of it (our parents split, and oldest and youngest lived with different parents, middle flitted between the 2, spending a year at mums, then a year at dads etc). And i think us other 2 both tried to get her to join our side, and didnt really think of each other- or her, that much.

So because of that, i dont like odd numbers of children. But 2 isnt enough for me, so i think im gonna go for 4!

Although fascniated because I am a twin myself, I don't think my body could handle it!

It depends whether it 's boys or mixed kids when it is two and how the age gap is imo . But your three fits well on my Oh family, as it was a family of three boys and only the first and the youngest were successful in life . I dont think it would apply to mixed siblings though .
I think twins is a ncie idea because theyre so close but must be hard to handle lol xD

I'd love multiples - no idea how I or my body would cope lol ( i had symphis pubis dysfunction last time around) but this will prob be my last time and and with the age gap (other three are 15, 12 and 7 ) would be nice for them to grow up together.

Plus I have friends with twins, and they seem to have such a special bond, and are so comical together.
So yeah, me -i'd LOVE twins ( or even triplets but no more than that lol -how on earth do you take them all out at the same time) but I will be equally delighted when my singleton comes along (whenever that may be).

xx

I want four kids and I'd like to start off with twins, girls, brown hair, green eyes, is that possible?? Well, I do think a lot about these things, as you can see, and twins have been had in both our families, not loads but a couple. I hope I'm lucky, I defo want a noisy house, being an only child sucks. I really do not recommend it.

I'm good with one at a time, kthanx. lol I mean, if it happens, we'd go for it...but I want to get my feet wet first, not dive into 20 ft of water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->