Does anyone have an Aga?

BabyGirl999

Harry's mummy!
Reaction score
If so, do you love it or hate it?? Considering getting one and would love opinions, but none of my friends have one!

Yip we've one. I love it but the bugger goes through oil like blazes, I've never costed it per week but I would think it is expensive to run. With the cost of oil being what it is I wouldn't put one in now.

Saying that we don't get the full benefit being out at work all day.

The only thing I would say is we probably dont put our heating on as much when e are home because it keeps the house from ever getting very cold.

I never use my tumble drier, I just put a clothes horse in front of aga before leaving for work.

Bottom oven doubles as a slow cooker, stick stews, casseroles etc into bottom. Come home at night to dinner ready.

Also we tend to be home late so it's great not having to wait on the oven heating up.

Oh and you never have to clean the ovens as the high constant heat burns everything off!!

I do love my aga, I just feel very wasteful that it's burning oil all day when we are out.

Hope that helps. X

my parents have one and love it. it does cost them a lot in oil, but you don't have to get an oil fired one. you can get gas, but my parents have no gas supply in their village so depends where you live. their kitchen is always lovely and toasty. they also dry clothes in front of it as pp described.

we had an old one in the house when we bought it and a week aho scrapped it, it was in one of the living rooms so it wasnt practical and it was ust wood burning and it was just hard work, never cooked on it.

My auntie has a gas one as she loves it and uses it loads and a cottage we stayed in on holiday had an electric one which did the hot water too and it was fab!

considered getting another when we do the kitchen but just getting a range instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->