Does anyone have any positive birth stories that were at the hospital?

I've had three positive hospital births.

The first was back in 2005, I actually went in for induction as I had been on medication to control my pre-eclampsia since 24 weeks and it was no longer working. Whilst we were waiting I got a few twinges and pretty soon my contractions were two minutes apart. The mw left me to it, saying I was coping too well for it to be to far in, moments later my waters broke so she had a look and I was eight cm's. Dashed upstairs to labour ward and by then I was 10cm, I told my mw that I didnt need to push just yet and she trusted me and said well just call me back when you do. About ten minutes later I did by screaming I needed an epidural :haha: . One push and baby girl came flying out, her cord ruptured cos of the speed but all was okay.

Second was pretty similar to the previous.

My favourite birth to date was in April 2011. I went in when my contractions were one minute apart, I asked to be assesed and was only 2cm, because of the situation they let me stay and just told me they would be back in four hours. The lights were turned down low, blinds closed, everyone was talking in hushed voices and it was just perfect. Four hours later my waters broke and 12 minutes after that my breech baby entered the world. It was still dim lights, hushed voices etc. If I didnt know I wouldnt of thought it was a hospital birth.

I had a lovely positive experience with my DS. I started contracting about 5pm 31/05/12 and they where every 5 mins, I called my DD's dad to come up and look after her whilst I went up to the hospital. When I arrived they examined me and told me that I was only 2-3 cm, normally they would of sent me home but because I was on my own they popped me in a side room and told me they would examine me in 4 hours. Luckly the labour ward was empty! I was the only person in the entire ward.

Around 2am they examined me again and there was no changes conractions still only every 5 mins. So they hid me around the corner in the MWLU and told me to get some sleep. About 4:30 my contractions really started to heat up, my waters went at 5:25am and my son was born at 6:41am. The midwife I had was lovely, She was really supportive and I honestly couldn't fault her. She was shocked at the fact I was alone giving birth. She stayed with me until the end of her shift at 8am. I honestly couldn't think of a better birth than I had with Oliver.

I have chosen a homebirth this time, because I have moved house and my nearest hospital is about an hour away. So it seems logical! :) x

I had a great hospital birth with midwife . No interventions , no restrictions . My midwife was very hands off which was what I wanted and just observed , hubby got to catch the baby . We got to go home first thing in the morning (he was born at 9pm).

I had a great water birth in the hospital following an induction -- no pain meds, a quick labor, no external tearing. I was walking around the same day and went home with my baby the next day. :)

Mine was wonderful. When I told them I didn't want meds, they just said, "OK, let us know if you change your mind."

The nurses let me walk as I pleased, held my hands, kept telling me I could do it and that I was doing great! Baby came out after 3 contraction cycles, and he got put right on my chest for skin-to-skin and they immediately helped me get to nursing. He was in my sight the whole time, they never took him away to the nursery or anything. I am looking forward to doing it again with #2. :) <3

The nurses even mailed me a card at my house all signed, saying how great I did and congratulations. I thought that was very thoughtful of them.

I see your from Los angeles, what hospital? Im trying to look for people who delivered all naturally with no monitoring no meds and able to walk around and eat whatever they wanted at St Bernardine hospital in san bernardino, ca.

Mine was wonderful. When I told them I didn't want meds, they just said, "OK, let us know if you change your mind."

The nurses let me walk as I pleased, held my hands, kept telling me I could do it and that I was doing great! Baby came out after 3 contraction cycles, and he got put right on my chest for skin-to-skin and they immediately helped me get to nursing. He was in my sight the whole time, they never took him away to the nursery or anything. I am looking forward to doing it again with #2. :) <3

The nurses even mailed me a card at my house all signed, saying how great I did and congratulations. I thought that was very thoughtful of them.

I see your from Los angeles, what hospital? Im trying to look for people who delivered all naturally with no monitoring no meds and able to walk around and eat whatever they wanted at St Bernardine hospital in san bernardino, ca.

This was at the Kaiser facility in Woodland Hills. I know that would be really far for you!

I had a fabulous labor experience. My water broke at home, I went to the hospital to get checked - they said everything looked good and to return either when contractions were 3-4 mins apart or the next morning. I went back in when contractions were 2 mins apart, I was 5cms, had my baby drug free 3 hours later. The staff were outstanding!!! As a nurse, it made me so proud just the amazing job all the nurses did. The were supportive, encouraging and my advocate. They held my hand when I was scared and walked me through the unknown. The doctors were great - my baby was delivered by the resident ( with the ob right there) and he did a great job. I raved about the staff to anyone who would listen. It would not be such a positive experience without the amazing staff.

Yes, mine was awesome and I delivered at the hospital. I just felt that was the best solution. Here's a link to my birth story:

Sofia Calysta's birth story

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->