Does anyone have PCO, not PCOS?

Fizzyfefe

Mama and pregnant with #2
Reaction score
Hi girls. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has polycystic ovaries, but NOT polycystic ovarian syndrome?

I haven't been given a diagnosis, but I did have an ultrasound yesterday. Results are pending until tomorrow. I was looking at the screen and could definitely see something weird about my ovaries. They had a lot of black empty spaces in them.

I'm not an ultrasound expert or anything, but I am a nurse, and I believe that what I saw indicates polycystic ovaries. However, my hormone levels came back normal, and I don't have hirsutism, so I can't have the syndrome.

So ladies, if you do have PCO but not PCOS, can you please share your story?

:flower:

Attachments

• Ovary.jpg
    Ovary.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 25

well u can still have it even without having Abnormal labs. do u have any other sypmtoms? and although I do have pcos my mom had pco... she wound up having a hysterectomy for other reasons but it was def diagnosed...

I get sharp pain in my ovaries, and I have abnormal cycles and irregular bleeding. The ultrasound looked abnormal to me as well.

People with PCO, not PCOS, have normal labs usually, which is why I was asking if anyone else was experienced with this. I don't know what my estrogen and progesterone levels are, though, so I can't say for sure that all my labs are normal.

Thank you for your response. :flower:

I get sharp pain in my ovaries, and I have abnormal cycles and irregular bleeding. The ultrasound looked abnormal to me as well.

People with PCO, not PCOS, have normal labs usually, which is why I was asking if anyone else was experienced with this. I don't know what my estrogen and progesterone levels are, though, so I can't say for sure that all my labs are normal.

Thank you for your response. :flower:

yeah it does sound like it could be either/or. if you're progesterone levels are low that's another indicator of pcos. do u have any weight gain acne hair growth or trouble losing weight if you are overweight?

I have polycystic ovaries. My gyn thinks I have pcos too, but I don't, mainly because I don't really have any symptoms? My cycles are sometimes longer than average (35 days, but I do seem to O regularly every month, even though on different days each cycle). I'm average weight and don't have the traditional symptoms like hairiness or acne or lack of ovulation.

I have polycystic ovaries. My gyn thinks I have pcos too, but I don't, mainly because I don't really have any symptoms? My cycles are sometimes longer than average (35 days, but I do seem to O regularly every month, even though on different days each cycle). I'm average weight and don't have the traditional symptoms like hairiness or acne or lack of ovulation.

it sounds like you def just have the pco which is very possible. that's what my mom had and no pcos... not sure if they are related either cause usually a family memberr has pcos and my mom nor my 3 sisters had/have it..

I have PCO although no symptoms & my labs are perfect. My doctor says that it's nothing to worry about. It's hereditary.

I have pco, it was picked up ultrasound and my doctor told me that 1 in 3 women have ovaries like mine. I chose not to have the blood test to see if I have a hormone imbalance just yet cos I don't want to worry about it. It's really common to have cysts and shouldn't cause any problems :) xx

Hi after I had my ectopic pregnancy I kept getting niggly pains never noticed them before the ectopic but I don't know if that's because I didn't really listen to my body then or take and notice of anything then after a year of me complaining about pains I got sent for an ultra sound and they said I had poly cystic ovarys nothing got explained to me anything the only symptom I have was sudden wait gain I went from 10 stone to 13 stone in about 6 months with no change in my diet I went the drs and they have done numerous blood tests and always said iv got poly cystic ovaries but not the syndrome although they did say I would have to have a blood test just after I have AF to rule it out but getting a drs appt last min is a night mare so iv not had it done yet

Since coming of my patch beginning of the year iv always had regular cycles of 28-35 days until last month when we started TTC it turned out I didn't ovulate I'm now on cd 51 and have just ovulated on cd 48 & 49 I had positive OPKs and ovulation pain so I'm not really sure what to think or if I have PCO or PCOS xxx

PCO from what I've read you can have absolutely no symptoms or the one symptoms is not ovulating. Doesn't mean you have PCOS...I'm trying to figure it all out too.
Good luck! Have you thought of trying Clomid to Ovulate?
Cheers,
B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"