Does anyone know what happens if you actually post a letter to Santa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbles

Mum to 1 & cooking 1 more
Reaction score
As the title says really.

We are going to write our letter this weekend and I thought it would be fun for Phoebe to post the letter in a letterbox.

Im going to order her one of those letters form Santa but what happens to the letter that gets posted? I would have thought other people have posted them before.

:thumbup:

If you mark it to this address;

Santa/Father Christmas,
Santa’s Grotto,
Reindeerland,
SAN TA1

In the letter write the name and address clearly. Attach either a 1st or 2nd class stamp to the envelope and send it by the 14th December (sooner the better) then someone at the Royal Mail will respond :thumbup:

Working at a nursery in the past we wrote to the address above for the kids, they each got a lovely letter, i'll be doing it with callum when hes older as its a lovely idea xx

I was going to just post them in the letterbox and just assumed they would get thrown away, now I will try this though, have never heard of it before, thanks. :flower:

Thanks Tasha, will definately do that. Do i have to put a SAE do you mean or just a stamp on the adressed envelope to the Big Man? Oooooh Im all excited now lol x

Just a stamp on the letter, no SAE needed :flower:

Yep we have posted them a few times and got replies :) We posted one last year, but some silly person forgot to address the back of it :blush:

My wee one is too young for Santa but I was planning on burning the letter, don't have a fire which would be ideal so might use a candle when he is older. Though the above idea sounds lovely too, I like the idea of the letters arriving magically by smoke, really need a chimney for the proper effect though :(

We used to put our letters up the chimney too! When our LOs are older I think we'll just post them. That's lovely that you can get replies!

Oh thanks Tasha I didn't know that, that's fab! Xx

Here's the link to the Royal Mail info about it:
https://www2.royalmail.com/letters-to-santa

Aww I love this. Can't wait to do this with LO :)

Do you think they would write back to ME? :rofl:

Aww I love this. Can't wait to do this with LO

Do you think they would write back to ME?

My mum who is Christmas obsessed wrote to them and yes they did reply :haha:

santa is getting up-to-date with the latest technology - you can also e-mail him! my nieces and nephew did it, and santa replied. he even told them what he would like them to leave out for him on christmas eve! don't know what site they used, but i just googled it and it seems there are a few.

thanks for this, think its time we got the pens and paper out. I wonder could i put my present request too, has so far fallen on death eas lol

Royal Mail usually send back a really nice colourful reply letter.

Yep Tasha is right,as I looked it up on the system at work :D :haha:
Though don't put lapland or north pole on it,otherwise it goes abroad :D xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.