Does anyone know....?

reallytinyamy

Mum and step mum
Reaction score
Is it possible to have a misscarriage and not know? OH told me last night that with all the stress I've been under he's 90% sure there is no baby and he's read that it is possible to misscarry with no symptoms, that your body just absorbs it

I think it is in like the really early stage of pregnancy but after that you would probably know?!
Hmm, not something I know a lot about. I would go to the hospital if you're worried, at least that will put your mind at rest.
Hope everything's ok!
xx

I have a scan on tuesday anyway so I guess one of us will be proved right, I pointed out that if I'm not PG then I am seriously ill!!

Im not being funny like, but how could he say something like that?! I think I would have hit him!

I dont think its possible with you being as far along as you are, and it does sound really unlikely. But im not a medical professional, so I could be wrong! Either way, see a GP or midwife if youre worried

xxx

Im not being funny like, but how could he say something like that?! I think I would have hit him!
xxx

I threw a football at him :blush:

I'm 100% sure I am still and I'm going to get another HPT today to prove it

good luck! that was a strange thing for him to say!! It probably posible but i very much doubt it at the stage you are at especially if you havnt had cramps/bleeding!:hugs:

As above not very caring words from your other half. It is possible tho as i had a miised miscarriage many years ago and never found out till i went for my 12 week routine scan. They told me the baby had died at 7 weeks but my body showed no signs and had to have a small op to remove xxx

that was a bit out of order for ur oh to say!!

I've heard that it can happen in the early stages, but it's very uncommon, I doubt you have anything to worry about. I think I would have kicked my DH if he'd said something like that to me and made me worry!!

:hugs:Lol@the football
Between my 2 boys, I was pregnant, and when I went for my 12 weeks appointment, I said to the midwife how wonderful I felt, and that 'I didn't even feel pregnant'. She sent me straight to the hospital for a scan, and the baby had died three weeks before. I had no bleed, the baby was just there in it's sac with no heartbeat. It was really heartbreaking, and I kept the picture. I was told it's very rare for this to happen, and that more often you would have severe pain and/or bleeding.
If you are still feeling sick, and 'pregnant', then don't worry, but if you are in any doubt, speak to your midwife.
I hope it was ok telling you that, I just wanted you to see that you normally wouldn't feel pregnant..... if that makes sense..
Congrats, and good luck

Your worrying because of what your OH has said, if he hadn't of mentioned it then the thought would not have entered your head?!?

I sometimes dont feel like i am pregnant at all, but baby was fine at 12 week scan x

I know a lot of other people have said this, but that is such a bad thing for your OH to say! And I'm sure it is very, very rare to have a missed m/c especially as far along as you are. Get the HPT, prove him wrong then come on here and update us :)

It wasn't as bad as it sounds. He hasn't talked about the pregnancy at all, and he wanted a baby more than I did and it was weird, turns out he has convinced himself that theres nothing there and said he won't talk about it until he's seen it next week. I can understand it, we've both been so stressed with me losing my job, not being able to afford the mortgage never mind a baby I think he's convinced that I'm under so much stress its not possible to keep a baby going inside me. In a way I'm glad he said it, at least now I knwo why he won't talk and why he's worried.

Like others on here have said it can happen but unless it's very early it doesn't all get reabsorbed. There will always be bleeding eventually but sometimes this can take weeks, so for many women they find out at their 12 week scan before they've had any signs. I can't imagin how terrible that must be.

Still I think that was quite a nasty comment and I'm always quite doubtful as to how much stress can cause m/c. I was under a huge amount when I became pregnant but I'm now 23 weeks. My family were telling me they thought I'd lose it but somehow I just knew I wouldn't.

TBH with everything thats been going on on top of all my health problems, I have been waiting for a m/c so I can understand why he thinks that. I'm off to buy a HPT now

Good luck testing, let us know when you get back :hugs:

It's very possible to have one and not know it.

If your body miscarries the baby then you'll obviously know about it but, say, with a missed abortion your body doesn't "know" and just carries on. I found out at my first check up that the baby had died. I had no clue whatsoever beforehand.

Oh and I agree with what's been said about your OH. I'd hit him. He's supposed to be the one keeping you positive. Not making you worry.

Just try not to think about it too much because that will just make you stress more and that isn't good for you at all.

Good luck.

........... I wonder if she's done it yet......???

Done it. It came back :bfp: (as we all knew it would)

Hopefully now he'll acknowledge it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->