does anyone know

storm11

Reaction score
hello there was just wondering if anyone knows how far along in pregnancy can the baby open there eyes. its just i went for a scan and the baby had his eyes open i got a picture of it will upload it in a min was just after some thoughts around how many weeks this can happen thank you x

I thought the eyelids are fused till about 27 weeks and they can open their eyes after that? Not sure though.

I think the old thinking was about 28 weeks, but since the increase in 4D scanning, the general consensus is that perhaps it is earlier for some babies. (not that they can see anything!)

i am just trying to upload a pic so you can have a look it was on an ordinary scan machine

I had my babies at 23 weeks and their eyes were still fused shut xx

oh bless hun x. i am trying with the photo but not very good at it, well i can say the scan pic was taken at 24 weeks and his eyes are clearly open as the pupil has reflected the laser of the scanner machine and can clearly be seen, i didnt think it was possible for baby to open eyes this early on. will try and scan it on to comp x

If it's a normal ultrasound be careful scanning! Iv heard the scanner can damage te film paper and black out the photo! :( take a photo on your phone and upload is safe I think.

I thought they were fused shut until 26 weeks or so. i read this in a pregnancy book.

I'm not sure but I know they are closed till later in pregnancy and copying and scanning the pictures are fine - I did it on both mine and all was ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->