Does anyone live in or around Kendal?

L

lepaskilf

Our house is on the market in North Wales and we are hoping to either relocate to the Lakes or Gibraltar! :haha: Big difference I know, but OH is working out in Gib this summer, if it doesnt work out then we will be staying in UK.

The Lakes makes sense for both of us, we're currently giving oursleves headaches looking on rightmove!!! So I wondered if anyone on here could give us some advice on living in and around Kendal? :flower:

I don't yet but will be after the summer. My partner is from Kendal but were currently living in Kent. I've spent quite a bit of time in Kendal though and if you want to pm me with any questions I can try and help! X

I live in Barrow.. about 30 minutes away. Some people like to call it "Where the lakes meet the sea.." the more truthful of people call it "the arse end of the lakes" haha! Kendal is nice but can't really help you with info as not been there much! x

Thank you, I've been to Kendal a few times before and completely adore the Lakes so I'm really excited about moving up there as we're both in to the outdoors.

I just wondered what it's like for toddlers/children living in the area....... is there much to do like soft play, swimming or clubs like gymnastics :) .... Don't want him to get bored :haha:

Good luck with your move :)

Im From Kendal! Lived here all my life! Any Questions just ask XXX:thumbup:

Hi Shel, thanks :)... Sorry, lost this thread and just seen your reply!!

I went up there last week to look at houses and check out areas! I uite liked to look of the little villages around like Stavely and Burneside! Also, I had a look around the estate in Kendal, do you know whether it's like an estate you know with loads of young teeneagers making noise at all hours, drinking n stuff? (Sorry!)

I liked the Green area of Kendal, had a look at a house there, seemed nice but was very small, I'm guessing that area is quite affluent!

Do you know what there is to do with children? Soft play centres etc... Also clubs like gymnastics?

Sorry for all the uestions but thanks :)

Im in Morecambe.

Kendal is beautiful.

V xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79