Does anyone not love bf?

I am also in awe of BF'ing twins!

I don't love BF'ing at all. I feel so lucky and thankful that I can do it, but I don't love it. And it's becoming increasingly difficult to bf out of the house or around people that aren't DH. I think of combi-feeding but it breaks my heart and I keep convincing myself that my wishes (grad school and gym) aren't as important as my dd getting what my body is naturally producing just for her (no really, I can't express anything!). So it's kind of an endless cycle for me, lol. But as of right now I'm just taking it one day at a time.

We had a difficult start to bf - my LO was mucusy and wouldn't latch so I spent the first few days finger feeding and expressing to feed by syringe or bottle. The first time he properly latched I had a wave of euphoria. Now we're both gradually getting the hang of it. I love to see his chops covered in milk when he pulls away but I'm totally knackered and feel huge pressure that this is all on me.

With my first I loved breastfeeding and the bond I had with it but unfortunately due to a range of issues we ended up having to switch to exclusive pumping. This time around everything has worked out and we're breastfeeding but I can definitely say it's not the same bonding experience it was with my first. DD2 has horrible reflux and sometimes it's torture just to try and feed her. She'll arch her back, scream and writhe when her reflux is particularly bad and it's just more stressful these times than anything else.

Meh, it's a thing that feeds the baby :) I'm glad I've done it - I think at the beginning when I was still horrifically shell shocked by her arrival and the reflux and just...urgh...being forced to engage with her due to breastfeeding helped me avoid becoming an incredibly unattached parent. So I'm grateful for that.

I hate the fact that a wave of sleepy hits as I start - I spend every day being shattered due to her bad sleep, so it irritates me that breastfeeding re-emphasises that.

I like that it's an easy way of getting her to take decent naps, and I like the laziness of it (much easier than bottles I feel) and I like that it's free. I take vitamins to compensate for any loss I might be dealing with and I hope once I am done I will still have nice rather than saggy breasts ;)

I imagine I may miss it once I stop, but I'll be surprised by this ;)

I remember crying after the first few days/week as I felt it was all too much pressure on me and it was so very painful, I had thrush but didn't realise for quite some weeks, I just thought the pain was to be expected...

I remember wanting to give up. but my hubby was very stern with me and told me I wasn't allowed to give up. he knew pre baby being born how very important to me it was to BF our baby and im so glad he was like this with me as I know if he had of said, ok lets go to the shops and get some formular I would of regretted it for sure.

I am proud I bf my fist son for 6 months and am hoping to do exactly the same with our next bundle of joy.

I sure you will start enjoying it once its a little less demanding on you in a few weeks/months time. once baby starts feeding every 3-4 hours it'll get easier

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"