Does anyone suffer from PVD (Posterior vitreous detachment?)

MidnightSun

Reaction score
I have been putting off going to the opthamologist for a couple of months, which I know is very bad but I was scared about what they were going to say these things in my vision were.

Well, turns out the things I can see are floaters and the condition is called Posterior Vitreous Detachment. It's where the gel like substance in the centre of the eye liquifies and pulls away from the retina. It usually happens in people over the age of 60, so I must be one of the lucky ones to have got it at just 30 It can cause retinal detachment or tears, and I have been told that I am to go straight to A&E if there's any sign of lights flashing in my periferal vision or red dots (blood) floating anywhere.

I forgot to ask my optician, but am I okay to give birth naturally?! I know that during the pushing stage a lot of pressure comes from the face, and that people have burst capilliaries etc... but am I okay with both my eyes like this??

If anyone knows someone that has this, or suffers from it themselves I'd love to know whether I can still have the birth I have so carefully planned?

x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->