Does anyone take it easy in the tww?

T

tinytoes

does anyone avoid strenuous lifting, pushing etc?
I saw a TV programme on IVF last night and the lady had just had the egg put inside her. She was told to not do any heavy lifting or pushing. And then i thought about my life in the tww (my period when i'm hoping for an egg to attach...pretty similar to the lady in the programme I assume??:..) and basically in the last 3 twws I've been lifting and pushing like nobodies business! we're renovating so I've been lifting all sorts, pulling heavy objetcs, stretching, heavy digging.....wondering if this is ok...I assumed it was good to keep active...hmpph:wacko:

I'm a bit worried cos my job sometimes means carrying stuff and stretching about to put it away, if I do get pregnant I don't want to tell anyone until I have had my 12 week scan thingy so I wonder how I will be able to stop doing these things. I haven't been taking it that easy these last two weeks, last night I helped my boyfreind move some boxes from his to mine.

i take it easy to a certain degree but i pretty much carry on as normal,have to lift boxes at work,so i just do it without thinking.

I think it's fair to say that IVF is a slightly different situation to normal TTC. Someone will have been TTC for a long while and invested a lot of time and money as well as gone through an awful lot of hormone injections and other medical treatment when they are having IVF treatment. Plus they just have this one chance for the embryo to implant. Therefore it's reasonable to expect someone to take things easy (and to want to) during that particular TWW.

If you're TTC under normal circumstances life should continue pretty much as normal otherwise you are going to drive yourself crazy unnecessarily.

I think it's fair to say that IVF is a slightly different situation to normal TTC. Someone will have been TTC for a long while and invested a lot of time and money as well as gone through an awful lot of hormone injections and other medical treatment when they are having IVF treatment. Plus they just have this one chance for the embryo to implant. Therefore it's reasonable to expect someone to take things easy (and to want to) during that particular TWW.

If you're TTC under normal circumstances life should continue pretty much as normal otherwise you are going to drive yourself crazy unnecessarily.

ITA - IVF is a whole different ball game - the 2WW is very different. I don't think normal activities would have any effect under natural 2WW conditions. Look how many people who are not TTC go about their lives and surprise find themselves pregnant.

Nope not me! If anything I use it as my last hurrah! LOL!!!! Just kidding, but I don't do anything different. (accept go out of my mind wondering if I'm pregnant! LOL!)

I am guessing unless there are special circumstances, lifting and manual labor couldn't affect anything. Everything is so very cushioned in there that even a direct blow would have a hard time knocking anything loose.

I don't know, but it's a good excuse to use anyway:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We're planning to put our house on the market soon, so having to tidy and stick boxes at mother-in-law's tomorrow - a good excuse for me not to have to move boxes!

I use to....But then that just made me dwell on the TWW....So now I just keep going like nothing is going on. Keeps my mind off it and then I dont read into ever last little thing my body does. Helps keep me sain and not so sad when I get my BFNs :hugs:

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->