Does anyone think this will help? Pill query.

nightkd

Mum to two!
Reaction score
I'm on Cerazette. Last time I came off I was VERY moody and had bad cramps, weird bleeding...it just wasn't right. I've never had a problem coming off of it before.

Soooo, I was just thinking...do you think it would help to 'wean' oneself off of the pill? Eg start taking it every other day, then every three days (I have a lot of pills left in this packet, but it's really screwing me up at the moment) and THEN stopping, or will that just make it more difficult for ones body to get back to normal? OR just do every other day for a week and come off?... Obviously it won't protect against pregnancy in that time.

Was just a thought. Not sure it would help at all, but any opinions? :shrug:

i dont think that would help hun as it will still be in your systom and will confuse your body even more i would just stop at your next break and not take them again.

I agree with the above post, don't think it'd do your body any good

Thanks for the RELEVANT posts guys. I wasn't sure it would help. I'm on a mini-pill so it stops my periods altogether, don't have a break.. I guess I'll just have to come off and deal with the horrible side-effects.

I've just come off the same pill, just stop it and stick with it!

Just stop it, and start another one on your next cycle. I used to use Ovranette, which has very mild, if any side effects. I was put on it because I was told it is one of the most mild forms of the pill on the market (while still being effective) as I have a history of cancer in my family.

Thanks. :) I'm not sure whether to stick with the pill or come off it!!

It's giving me irregular bleeding, big, firm, sore boobs and generally just side-effects that I've never had on this pill before, until recently. Dunno whether to stick it out and see if that settles. Or come off for a couple of months to let my body settle and start all over!!

I'm not sure if stress may be a factor in the irregular bleeding as we've been busy with important things and I've been getting stressed out... Do you think it's worth just waiting to see if things settle or 'resetting' my body and starting again?

Just stop it, and start another one on your next cycle. I used to use Ovranette, which has very mild, if any side effects. I was put on it because I was told it is one of the most mild forms of the pill on the market (while still being effective) as I have a history of cancer in my family.

Is it a mini-pill or combined?

What's the active ingredient? (Don't know if they have the same brand names over here).

ETA: I don't know why I didn't just put this into the double post spot... :dohh:

Is it a mini-pill or combined?

What's the active ingredient? (Don't know if they have the same brand names over here).

ETA: I don't know why I didn't just put this into the double post spot... :dohh:

Combined pill, active ingredients are ethinylestradiol and levonorgestrel.

Thanks... I haven't got on with combined pills very well in the past. I may well look into it though, thanks Rafwife.

x

Thank you kindly. :)

Anyone on a pill currently that has very few side effects? I think it may be a case of coming off of this pill and changing to a different one to see how it makes me feel.

im on a pill called cilest which is a mild pill so i get no side affects and ive been on it for years and have had no problems. x

I'm on a mini-pill called Micronor. I, like you have had no end of problems with the pill in the past, but I have to say that this one is fab.

As the others have said, either take your pill properly, or don't at all. Otherwise your body will have no idea what's going on! How long have you been on it for? If it's not long, your body may just be adjusting and it could be a couple of months yet. If you've been on it while, just sack it and try another one.

Good luck!

I've been on it for about 4 months this time. Been on for longer before and never had these problems...

The pills that you guys have mentioned; do you know how long roughly it takes your body to get back to normal? Someone has told me that Cerazette can take a long time, so if I could change to a milder pill with a shorter 'recovery' period then that would be ideal. (Of course then my body won't have recovered from the Cerazette before going onto the new pill, so need to bear that in mind... =/ Stupid pills!!)

That pill made me SO moody :wacko:

Just come off it, after the initial side effects wear off you will be back to normal.

The thing is, different pills react differently, in certain people-for instance, XkatX said micronor has caused her no problems, whereas it had caused me to be depressed and very moody. Chemical balances in your body can tip, and this may cause your body to react negatively to the specific pills. I was on Allesse for 2.5 years, and I had no problems with it-besides bleeding for the first 3 weeks-after that it was fine. It is a low dose contraceptive. It is definitely worth looking into the combination pill again, it may react differently than the lasttime you tried it-just try a different brand.

As for not liking condoms-I don't blame ya, I hate them too, but to be honest, when you desparately do not want to get pregnant, you live with the fact that they are a must :lol:

Natural family planning is possible, as long as you know your body very well, only problem is, it is very common for the most sexual time of a woman's cycle, to be around ovulation time!:dohh: So if you choose this method, make sure you have condoms around, in case you getfrisky around ovulation time:thumbup: :hugs: Good luck!:flower:

I use Microgynon (combination pill) and have always been fine with it. Can't tell you what it's like to come off it though - been on it 10 years, though hoping to come off it in a couple of months.

As Alexasmommy says, different pills work differently for different people - e.g. my sister hated Microgynon and had to switch to something else, whereas I've not had any problems. :)

Thanks guys!! I get more frisky around my period :blush: WEIRDLY, but we'll defo be keeping a store of condoms around just incase anyway. :) Helps when you're knackered and can't be bothered getting up to 'clean' afterwards. Make the man do it for once!! :lol:

I was on Microgynon to start with and it made me REALLY moody. Pretty much ruined the beginning of my last relationship really because I was just so irritable and snappy. I agree it may be worth trying again (don't really want to be paying loads of different prescription charges just to find I don't get on with this pill, or that pill etc etc though).

I'll check out some of the suggestions. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->